2020 headliners

jj200

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If only there was a website to double check these things?!

I'll check that out.

Anyway, I went mooching and found this fella called 2017 in March 2016 (though I may discount it for having 2 goes)

On 3/21/2016 at 10:22 AM, gluther said:

Optimistically:

Queens of the Stone Age

Radiohead

Kendrick Lamar

Realistically:

Foo Fighters

Ed Sheeran

Radiohead

This bloke called all 3 in June but threw in an extra option:

• Upvote 1

Being anti ’white guys with guitars’ is exactly the same as being anti pop music.

Probs 90% of white guys with Guitar music was shit there in the 2000s at its zenith during that indie scene but i’d say 90% of pop music is complete toss too. And to me the 1975 are the love child of the worst parts of that indie scene and god awful emo music. Like the feeling shagged MCR. But why throw the baby out with the bath water? I know they’re not going to be headliners, but the likes of Franz Ferdinand make great, interesting music and are great live. Stop being such a bunch of gavrilo princips.

I dont hate pop, just shit blancmange lib dem music, and often the least offensive stuff becomes the most popular in the pop world, and artists like azealia banks who make more interesting but maybe less commercially viable stuff, and rage against the machine a little more, often become pariahs. A shame.

2013 - Stones

2014 - AF

2015 - half of Kanye West

2016 - none

2017 - didn’t go

2019 - Stormzy, The Cure

Edited by mattiloy
Jumping on the post yr headies bandwagon
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Being anti ’white guys with guitars’ is exactly the same as being anti pop music.

Not really though, particularly not in the case of music festivals where the former have largely had the run of the place unchallenged for the last 30 years. And where criticism of the latter often comes with a side order of implicit misogyny.

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nearly the entire forum self-owning by not seeing Adele.

I had said I wasnt going to see her and go off on my own for months before the festival. Ended up going along after Fat Boy on JP..... cried actual tears to Set The Rain on Fire. 

The Pyramid Stage is truely magical (nothing else had a hand in those tears...promise...)

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego
Typo

I tend to naturally gravitate to the Pyramid if there’s nothing else on I fancy so I’ve seen a fair few of the headliners down the years.

04 - All three

05 - Two

07 - Two

09 - One (just Blur)

10 - Two

11 - Two and a half (caught the first half of Bey, second half of QOTSA)

13 - All three 

14 - Two

15 - One (just The Who)

16 - All three

17 - All three

19 - One (just the Killers)

So that’s 25 out of a possible 36.

03 ... REM and MOBY  

04 .... OASIS and  MCCARTNEY 

05 ....COLDPLAY  and BASEMENT JAXX

07 ... ARCTIC MONKEYS and KILLERS 

08... JAY Z and THE VERVE 

09 .... Absent due to travelling 

10... STEVIE WONDER and GORILAZ (thanks fuzzy for pointing out error :) ) 

11... U2 , COLDPLAY , BEYONCE 

13 ... ROLLING STONES ( whilst sat on the floor) before going to hospital in ambulance because of leg infection 

14... METALLICA 

15 .... KANYE 

16... COLDPLAY 

17 .... 0 

19..... THE CURE 

so in summary quite a few but decreasing .... I do like the pyramid as a stage / arena though ... great spectacle :) 17 0f 38 (missed sunday in 2013 ) 

Edited by crazyfool1

On 11/19/2019 at 7:40 AM, cheesey_toastie said:

Not in my IMHO

Neil Young, Blur, Springsteen - 2009

Was expecting Young to be sniffy and play b-sides and he destroyed it. Blur was the perfect sing along with a cracking set and Bruce was a great addition. 

13 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Watching the Queen + Adam Lambert thing on Sky Arts, it's a damn shame to be honest, Queen on the Pyramid would be one for the ages.

Queen on the pyramid stage would have been awesome but I’m afraid if Freddie’s not there it’s not Queen ,it’s a tribute act. 

5 minutes ago, S west said:

Queen on the pyramid stage would have been awesome but I’m afraid if Freddie’s not there it’s not Queen ,it’s a tribute act. 

Queen’s live shows weren’t just about Fred, it was also their peerless back catalogue. They’re still an awesome live act; granted without him it isn’t the same, but it’s still very entertaining and it’s a shame that such an important canon of work will never grace the Pyramid.