2020 headliners

jj200

31 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I've attended, I think, about 15 Glastonburys over 25 years or so.  Most years there are no Pyramid headliners to my taste - or perhaps more accurately, there are things on elsewhere that I prefer.  

Some years the stars align and I get one.

This year, for the first time ever, there could well be two.

INext year will be my 9th festival. Of the 8 fests so far, I have seen 7 out of a possible 24 Pyramid headliners. Not seen 1 since 2014 (when I saw all 3).

Looking forward to seeing McCartney. Regardless of the fact the Pyramid headliners clearly don't worry me for my enjoyment, there is something special about seeing one.

47 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

INext year will be my 9th festival. Of the 8 fests so far, I have seen 7 out of a possible 24 Pyramid headliners. Not seen 1 since 2014 (when I saw all 3).

Looking forward to seeing McCartney. Regardless of the fact the Pyramid headliners clearly don't worry me for my enjoyment, there is something special about seeing one.

28 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Headliners on the Pyramid, 2019: 0 2017: 2, 2016: 1 2015: 0, 2014: 2 (first year) 

5/15 and this year, depending on if its K.dot and if there's no one amazing to clash I'll be seeing all 3. 

I've wracked my brains and I think it's 14 festivals I've done (94,97,98,99,00,08,09,10,11,13,15,16,17,19), so a potential 42* Pyramid headliners.  To the best of my memory I've watched 8.

*41 actually, as I didn't get to the 2000 festival until Saturday morning and I would have watched the Chemical Bros the night before.  I also saw Bowie that weekend, so that year could have been my first Pyramid double.

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Following on from a few days ago when we all worked out what the stars meant and how to skip to the last read message.....I've somehow managed to mark the whole thing as read??? How? I hope it doesn't stay like that forever!

It won't. It'll start updating again from this point on.

5 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

2013: 2 , 2014;1, 2015;2 , 2016: 2 , 2017; 2 , 2019; 0  , 2020; 3

ive actually been pretty lucky come to think of it.

2014: 1/2 (Arcade Fire, but spent most of it looking after my friend who was all sorts of ruined)

2016: 0

2017: Radiohead 

2019: 0

I have regret about missing Stormzy. Would have liked to see a couple of others but found better things to do. This year though, one would be nice....

10 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Didn't the same happen for 2019s headliners in that thread? (Or next announcement thread). Someone got it straight away? Thousands of pages, but it was done in 5 mins!?!

2016 someone got them really early (I thought it was you FD?), I'd called the same 3 on Twitter in the weeks following the 2015 festival but someone on here definitely beat me to it.

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

2014: 1/2 (Arcade Fire, but spent most of it looking after my friend who was all sorts of ruined)

2016: 0

2017: Radiohead 

I have regret about missing Stormzy. Would have liked to see a couple of others but found better things to do. This year though, one would be nice....

09 - Neil Young

10 - Muse & Stevie Wonder

11 - U2

13 - Didnt get a ticket

14 - Arcade Fire, Metallica, Kasabian

15, 16, 17, 19 - Watched none. The only one I regret not seeing is Adele. Looked like a "moment" from the telly & the songs are more singalong than I realised.

2013: 3

2014: 2

2015: 3

2016: 1

2017: 1

2019: 1

Before I got to 2016, for a minute I thought I was gonna get chastised for being a pyramid lurker. Quite mad really, other than Legends and headliners I don’t think I’ve actually spent much time at the Pyramid over the years; usually bands lower down I want to see wouldn’t carry themselves very well on that stage.

• Like 1

2010 - 1

2011 - 2

2013 - 1

2014 - 1

2015 - 0

2016 - 0

2017 - 1

2019 - 2

8/24

Much as everyone bangs on about it not being all about the Pyramid, I missed not having a night there in the years I didn't fancy anything so pleased I'll at least have Macca this year.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

09 - Neil Young

10 - Muse & Stevie Wonder

11 - U2

13 - Didnt get a ticket

14 - Arcade Fire, Metallica, Kasabian

15, 16, 17, 19 - Watched none. The only one I regret not seeing is Adele. Looked like a "moment" from the telly & the songs are more singalong than I realised.

I also kinda wish I'd seen Metallica....but there was no way any of my mates were keen. I think we went for a tent based pick me up and the default Fatboy Slim option instead. It was great ?

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

2016 someone got them really early (I thought it was you FD?), I'd called the same 3 on Twitter in the weeks following the 2015 festival but someone on here definitely beat me to it.

I did get them right early one year. I must admit, I didn't realise it was as early as that! I thought it was Radiohead, Foos, Sheeran that I got right though?

Then again, Radiohead were announced very early.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

I did get them right early one year. I must admit, I didn't realise it was as early as that though. I thought it was Radiohead, Foos, Sheeran that I got right though?

Then again, Radiohead were announced very early.

You're right, I knew one was Sheeran but thought for a minute thought that was 16 for some reason.

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Much as everyone bangs on about it not being all about the Pyramid, I missed not having a night there in the years I didn't fancy anything so pleased I'll at least have Macca this year.

I didn't see anything on the mid in 2017 and something indefinable was definitely missing.

2 hours ago, zero000 said:

Preach. Completely agree with you, it’s an outdated perspective that should be consigned to the history books.

As an aside this podcast helped change my view on pop music permanently: https://switchedonpop.com. The episode looking at Into You blew my mind. Max Martin is a genius. 

Yeah I think we are slowly moving out of a generation where you aren’t allowed to like pop.. “because we said so”.

2009: 2 (Neil Young and Bruuuuuuce) 

2010: 1 (Muse) 

2011: 1 (U2) 

2013: 1 (The Rolling Stones) 

2014: 2 (Arcade Fire and Metallica) 

2015: 0

2016: 1 (Muse) 

2017: 2 (Radiohead and Foo Fighters) 

I've still never seen a Pyramid headliner on Sunday; that night is reserved for dancing. That won't change this year either.