2020 headliners

jj200

Kendrick-5%-10%. Couldn’t spot one of his tracks if my life depended on it, however festivals are for me about broadening horizons so never say never, but the chances of there not being someone elsewhere to entice me instead are slim

macca 100%- nailed on.

Swift- 50/50- know a few of her songs but would probably only see her if nothing else grabbed me.

no matter what my opinions of them are they are 3 huge acts more than worthy of the 50th.

5 hours ago, Matt87 said:

Same. What are people's recommendations of where to jump in?

Just start with Good Kid Maad City and go forward from there. You can also listen to Section 80, but its best if you start with the album that made him popular first. 

my odds:

macca 100%

taylor 0%

Kendrick 2% ( despite being local for me and shame on me for not repping L.A., theres other stuff that I would rather see than a rapper Ive seen quite a few times and been up close for. )

Edited by Suprefan

For those who haven't heard the Radio Somerset interview (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07t4snh, 2.25), or can't be bothered, relevant bit goes as follows:

ME: "I've got two of my favourite headliners."
J: Booked already?
"Yes, already booked."
Will I like them?
"Oh I can't tell you the second one, no."
No that's fine
"Oh you'd love her to bits."
Would I?
"Everybody does, yeah."
Everybody loves her?
"Yeah there's no, but there's no, no names at the moment"
But it's a she...

ME also says that all of the headliners are booked.

That's the final kabosh on the Pearl Jam rumours, we know he likes them. Probably leaves the Chilis door open though...

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

For those who haven't heard the Radio Somerset interview (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07t4snh, 2.25), or can't be bothered, relevant bit goes as follows:

"Yes, already booked."
Will I like them?
No that's fine
Would I?
"Everybody does, yeah."
Everybody loves her?
But it's a she...

That's the final kabosh on the Pearl Jam rumours, we know he likes them. Probably leaves the Chilis door open though...

I get the impression he realises he's given too much away there... ?

Just now, mufcok said:

On BST, did someone say they're due to announce next week?

Yeah someone said to expect some announcements.

Not sure it'll really change much though. The dates are different from Glasto anyway. Won't be a surprise to see Taylor or Kendrick mentioned, even RHCP. I suppose we'll all be looking for the word "Exclusive" though. 

6 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

"Yes, already booked."
Will I like them?
No that's fine
Would I?
"Everybody does, yeah."
Everybody loves her?
But it's a she...

Why does that rule out Pearl Jam sorry? Am I missing something

If anything with it being one of his favourite headliners, it's not going to be Chillis is really? Can't say it would be a favourite of his having bumped him off previously

3 minutes ago, CJTM said:

If anything with it being one of his favourite headliners, it's not going to be Chillis is really? Can't say it would be a favourite of his having bumped him off previously

PJ are his favourite rock band.

Michael Eavis got his first 2 choices. Macca and "her"

Here is a quote from Michael from 2014 (I know the headline is Oasis, but it's in there)....

Eavis said that he has an idea for where she may fit on the bill. “Taylor Swift would be great to follow the Dolly Parton slot – especially being a country singer,” he said.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/oasis-69-1229652

What was Emily said about Madonna when asked if she was doing 2019, ''Madonna would be amazing'''

Swift seems more likely but I really wouldn't be shocked if they'd got Madonna

Also:

Michael Eavis has been very vocal about wanting to book the Queen Of Pop for some time, saying in the year 2000 after Bowie played: “I would really like to get Madonna, I tell you that. I might spend a bit of time working on that actually . . .

“I’d be very keen on getting Madonna. That’s the one to do.”

Edited by mufcok

5 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Still might like them even tho they had to pull out 

4 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Macca was his no.1 and his other favourite is a female. If PJ were also playing he wouldn't be singling out those 2 as favourites.

3 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Macca was his no.1 and his other favourite is a female. If PJ were also playing he wouldn't be singling out those 2 as favourites.

"Yes, already booked."

Could he not be referring to the two booked TBA in that context? I think so...

Also big up for the transcript @Brave Sir Robin I can't listen atm, out of Up's sorry