jj200

2020 headliners

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You should honour your grandad by turning up for the first ten minutes then wandering off.

This would complete the circle actually. I would like to revise my percentages. Macca 50% for 10 minutes, 10% for the whole gig.

Kendrick - 80%  He's awesome. On an unrelated note. I missed Stormzy last year to watch Tame Impala. I had already seen them a stupid amount of times and to be honest he's become a bit boring. Know nothing about Stormzy but would have loved to seen it - it sounded special!

Macca - 100%  No matter what you think, a Beatle on the pyramid stage is going to be a massive MOMENT at the festival.

Taylor - 1% Not super into her vibe and also I have missed headliners when I liked them because of crazy clashes I'm sure there will be someone else I'd rather watch at the time, but I'll never say never.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

It would be madness to put Aerosmith up against Macca. HUGE swathes of crossover fans there, it Steve and the lads do play I'd be gutted if they were up against Macca as I'd miss them.

Kendrick - 0%

Macca - 100%

Taylor - 1%

I can’t see Aerosmith playing anywhere other than Pyramid headliners, which obviously doesn’t look likely now. Happy to be proved wrong though 

Just now, Baz178 said:

No ones taking the rhcp seriously about headlining Friday ? 

Well, there's no real concrete links. In fact, there's more reasons to think it wouldn't happen. We know for a fact that EE likes KL. 

1 minute ago, Baz178 said:

I think people just really want to believe the Kenny news and want the third socks to remain firmly in the draw.

Kendrick 70%. Top booking. Seen him several times and the last was rather disappointing, so I could be tempted elsewhere.

Paul McCartney 100%. Can't think of any realistic clash that'd take me away. 

Taylor Swift 20%. Will be wanting a night away from the Pyramid and this'll probably be it. I'm sure it'd be fun if I did go tho.

1 minute ago, Matt87 said:

Well, there's no real concrete links. In fact, there's more reasons to think it wouldn't happen. We know for a fact that EE likes KL. 

Also pretty sure multiple posters have said ME was giving off about RHCP being flakey before.

3 minutes ago, Baz178 said:

Nobody is taking you seriously, no.

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Quark said:

Always hit and miss when recommending stuff, but for me:

The Beths, Teleman, Honeyblood, She Drew The Gun, Palace, Rolling Blackouts CF, Ten Fe, Bear's Den, Sacred Paws, Blaenavon, Muna, Have a Nice Life, Magic Gang, Mono Club, Slow Readers Club & Spector are all worth a listen

Nice one. Need some new music to get my teeth into. My Friday listening sorted, unless there's something worthwhile on BBC4!

22 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

To return the favour, This is who I have just got a ticket for in case you hadn't heard of them

I like, will give these a bit more of a listen. She's got the whole gravelly Janis Joplin voice thing going on a bit

7 minutes ago, Baz178 said:

Why have you posted basically the same comment 17 times in the past 24 hours?

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Nice one. Need some new music to get my teeth into. My Friday listening sorted, unless there's something worthwhile on BBC4!

Ah the traditional Friday night BBC4 music documentary binge :D

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Nobody is taking you seriously, no.

Well you will be when they get announced there playing 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

Why have you posted basically the same comment 17 times in the past 24 hours?

Well nobody was taking me seriously when I have some information 

14 minutes ago, SeaBear said:

Macca - 100%  No matter what you think, a Beatle on the pyramid stage is going to be a massive MOMENT at the festival.

See, I don't really buy this. Moments are artificial. They don't exist. It's all about what you bring to the moment you're in. An audience for an incredibly minor stage who have a MOMENT with that act could walk away with a more powerful experience than 100k people singing Hey Jude. There are visually powerful moments on the television, but the glory of being at Glastonbury in person is that you can have your very own, and nobody will ever know.

Edited by kalifire
  • Upvote 4

Just now, Baz178 said:

Well nobody was taking me seriously when I have some information 

They're not gonna if you come on as a new poster with 'info' and don't name or give an indication of who your source is

It's a regular occurrence on here so people are well trained for it, see Bob Harris - Stone Roses for further details

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

See, I don't really buy this. Moment are artifice. They don't exist. It's all about what you bring to the moment you're in. Somebody on an incredibly minor stage who has a MOMENT with a few other people could walk away with a more powerful time than 100k people singing Hey Jude. There are visually powerful moments on the television, but the glory of being at Glastonbury in person is that you can have your very own, and nobody will ever know.

Out of upvotes today but you get the idea.

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

They're not gonna if you come on as a new poster with 'info' and don't name or give an indication of who your source is

It's a regular occurrence on here so people are well trained for it, see Bob Harris - Stone Roses for further details

Well it was henrick lewandowsiki he’s well in with the band and band crew he goes to every concert they do. 

Just now, Baz178 said:

Well it was henrick lewandowsiki he’s well in with the band and band crew he goes to every concert they do. 

That Bayern Munich striker?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Baz178 said:

Share the info with Neil and if he thinks it's solid he'll update the rumours page. 

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

That Bayern Munich striker?

No it wasn’t he has top notch information about the band ! 

19 minutes ago, LGH said:

This would complete the circle actually. I would like to revise my percentages. Macca 50% for 10 minutes, 10% for the whole gig.

To really complete the circle, you need to come in for the last 10 minutes. The greatest 60 year cross generational mind change ever.