2020 headliners

jj200

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Poor you lot with 0% on each.

Out of interest (no subtle digs) who would you have preferred to see?

No prejudice I just want to know who you would prefer instead.... and can they be within the realms of possibility here.

If I was to go along the lines of what they roughly have, I would of wanted Elton over Macca, Lady Gaga over Taylor, and then I am not a rap/hip hop/grime fan but if I had of gone last year i would of preferred Stormzy over Kendrick, but personally I would of put a band here like The 1975, Foals, AM etc Rock/Indie 

• Like 1

I'm trying not to get caught up in this hype because goddamn that's a set of headliners. I mean, shit.

For me:

Kendrick: 91% - never seen before, love almost all of his output.

Macca: 46% - totally get the booking, absolutely no problems with it, but not my bag really.

Taylor: 100% - enough said.

21 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Indie music is doing fine, it's just girls are now far better at it than blokes. 

Have you any examples of any decent bands? I like Sports Team. They are the only decent new Indie band I have seen recently

I have just got a ticket to see the Mysterines at the Deaf institute for the end of Feb. Heard 2 tunes and quite liked them and I am giving them a bash live,  but I could do with some new music. 

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I'l give this a go then. 

Kendrick - 5%

Macca - 50%

Taylor - 5%

The low scores for Kendrick and Taylor are because I've got no personal interest in them, and I don't believe that any of the gang I'm going with would be there so it's not likely that I'd be going to stay with the group. Subject to change of course as I'll start giving them a decent listen, so I may go all @FuzzyDunlop and turn into a Swift fanboy by the summer :D

Macca is an odd one for me, feel like I "should" be more excited as I love Beatles and Wings, although not so keen on his solo stuff, but it's not really sparking much for me. But I know that if I go it'll be a royal old singalong. We'll see.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Have you any examples of any decent bands? I like Sports Team. They are the only decent new Indie band I have seen recently

I have just got a ticket to see the Mysterines at the Deaf institute for the end of Feb. Heard 2 tunes and quite liked them and I am giving them a bash live,  but I could do with some new music. 

Always hit and miss when recommending stuff, but for me:

The Beths, Teleman, Honeyblood, She Drew The Gun, Palace, Rolling Blackouts CF, Ten Fe, Bear's Den, Sacred Paws, Blaenavon, Muna, Have a Nice Life, Magic Gang, Mono Club, Slow Readers Club & Spector are all worth a listen

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Have you any examples of any decent bands? I like Sports Team. 

I have just got a ticket to see the Mysterines at the Deaf institute for the end of Feb, but I could do with some new music. 

I'm probably not listening to anyone you've not already seen mentioned on here but over this year and last there's been great music from;

Sharon Van Etten. Angel Olsen. Julia Jacklin. The Beths. Honeyblood. Squid. Big Thief. Sunflower Bean. Cherry Glazerr. Night Beats. Rolling Blackouts CF. Gurr. Protomartyr. She Drew The Gun. Japanese Breakfast. Soccer Mommy. Amber Arcades. Shame. Hinds. Car Seat Headrest. Preoccupations. Hop Along. Snail Mail. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Poor you lot with 0% on each.

Out of interest (no subtle digs) who would you have preferred to see?

No prejudice I just want to know who you would prefer instead.... and can they be within the realms of possibility here.

I'm happy to see them headline, but just not my thing. I've been listening to KL, but just cant see it.

I'll probs end up watching Swifty as I reckon my wife will want to see her. 

From the rumours and clues they'll be loads for me there, so i'm all good.

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm probably not listening to anyone you've not already seen mentioned on here but over this year and last there's been great music from;

Sharon Van Etten. Angel Olsen. Julia Jacklin. The Beths. Honeyblood. Squid. Big Thief. Sunflower Bean. Cherry Glazerr. Night Beats. Rolling Blackouts CF. Gurr. Protomartyr. She Drew The Gun. Japanese Breakfast. Soccer Mommy. Amber Arcades. Shame. Hinds. Car Seat Headrest. Preoccupations. Hop Along. Snail Mail. 

Are you me Swedge? Are you like my Tyler Durden?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

Macca is an odd one for me, feel like I "should" be more excited as I love Beatles and Wings, although not so keen on his solo stuff, but it's not really sparking much for me. But I know that if I go it'll be a royal old singalong. We'll see.

For me, the takeaway is that if Paul McCartney is your 'not sure', you're going to something truly fucking amazing.

Edited by kalifire

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Always hit and miss when recommending stuff, but for me:

The Beths, Teleman, Honeyblood, She Drew The Gun, Palace, Rolling Blackouts CF, Ten Fe, Bear's Den, Sacred Paws, Blaenavon, Muna, Have a Nice Life, Magic Gang, Mono Club, Slow Readers Club & Spector are all worth a listen

I will check out the ones I don't know of, thanks.

9 minutes ago, kalifire said:

For me, the takeaway is that if Paul McCartney is your 'not sure', you're going to something truly fucking amazing.

Hopefully, but maybe not.  Who knows? I've been pretty lucky with not having any major regrets over the years (Bloc Party instead of Neil Young, Muse instead of Pet Shop Boys, Mumford & Sons instead of putting my head in a bucket of mud) but there's always the risk I'll come away absolutely kicking myself. Just all comes down to what I fancy on the night really :)

Maybe there is going to be a lot of truth in the Other headliners being Pyramid size. Seems pretty nailed on that it’s going to be Taylor and with this new Kendrick info, looks like with Macca that’s our trio.

Of course it doesn’t always work that way, but you’d have to think Foals/1975/Biffy could be lined up for the Other. I always thought it was going to be 1975 headlining the Pyramid this year, it just felt right. Be surprised to see them accept Other headline as I think they’ll want Pyramid next due to their ascension over the last several years. Could be one for 2021. 

Foals seem to make sense up against Taylor on the Sunday if that’s the case. 

You’d have to think there’s something big lined up there against Macca, to crowd share, but I’m not sure who that could be. 

All still speculation still I suppose.

13 minutes ago, caballosblancos said:

This star button thing has absolutely transformed my experience of this site. Maybe someone should write a ‘how to’ guide and have it pinned on the forum lists 

I know - what a difference a little button can make - it was a eureka moment!  Feel a bit daft for not realising earlier ?