jj200

2020 headliners

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm in disbelief. How are the three likely headliners the top three on my wishlist? WTF is going on. I feel like i've stepped in to some alternate reality where I book the festival.

Three nights at the pointy fucker, but who honestly cares? Best stage in music and the top three on my wishlist. Unbelievable.

That’s exactly how I feel.

Throw Lana et al into the mix and it’s just bizarre. Never had a lineup before which is going to suit me so well lol.

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Beware. There was a point when the three headliners in 2017 were gonna be Radiohead, Daft Punk and The Stone Roses. Can't begin to describe my disappointment when the the latter 2 fell through

That been said, I reckon you might get your wish for 2020 :ph34r:

I get your point but that was still in the speculation phase. We never had those three as actually likely.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I get your point but that was still in the speculation phase. We never had those three as actually likely.

Sure at the time Neil said he'd heard that was the case and they went to SR, could be wrong though. I do have a tendency to get drawn in when a rumour surfaces for someone I'm really into though. Hook line and sinker, every time 

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm in disbelief. How are the three likely headliners the top three on my wishlist? WTF is going on. I feel like i've stepped in to some alternate reality where I book the festival.

Three nights at the pointy fucker, but who honestly cares? Best stage in music and the top three on my wishlist. Unbelievable.

I really love having a night away from the Pyramid usually as there are amazing headliners on other stages but the pointy one is the best stage to watch any headline act when they get it right and I think that 3 nights in a row is on the cards this year! 

Macca, Kendrick and Taylor is the stuff dreams are made of for me. 

3 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I really love having a night away from the Pyramid usually as there are amazing headliners on other stages but the pointy one is the best stage to watch any headline act when they get it right and I think that 3 nights in a row is on the cards this year! 

Macca, Kendrick and Taylor is the stuff dreams are made of for me. 

Right there with you.

I'd take those potential headliners over any previous year of the festival. Closest competitor would  be '09, but this is out in front by some distance for me.

I think Kendrick has been in negotiations ever since Emily went to London to see him. How long those negotiations took is another matter.  

12 minutes ago, priest17 said:

If we get Kung Fu Kenny and Paul Ma-bloody-Cartney in the same weekend the rest of the line up is yours, I'm sorted.

Glasto to all the other festivals if it happens....

3943B994-3258-4AA0-A1F5-29D9BFF368DF.gif

30 minutes ago, sisco said:

I know from a source as close as possible too them.  @eFestivals knows who it is and I gave him the IOW info a couple of years ago too.

If anything changes I’ll let you know but when I asked..... I was told no chance

Thanks and appreciated

Absolutely incredible trio if true.

I'll probably be at Kendrick, definitely at Macca, but give me a dance act somewhere for the Sunday (I'm thinking Orbital, The Prodigy, Bicep, Four Tet). 

Thom Yorke vs Kendrick would throw a spanner in the works for me though. His live show looks great. 

I fucking love Glastonbury. I’m sorry no one holds a candle to this place.

this is the best festival on the planet. Nothing can compare. Even a strong Coachella year still pales to Glasto. They always get it.

I am totally fine spending three nights at the pyramid with those three. You know why? Because I can’t call which of the three will be the best... and that is very exciting.

• Like 1

Having just attributed scores to the Pyramid headliners of my past three Glasto visits on the basis of emotional investment/interest in seeing live, the results are as follows: 

2013: 21/30

2016: 16/30

2017: 16/30

At current standing, 2020 is a solid 27/30.

10 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Other Stage better have a few good guitar bands.... 

Three shockers for me, personally. 

Hoping for Bicep (WH), Foals (Other) and Thom Yorke (park). 

Macca's show is guitar rock.

2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Faith No More in Europe mid June according to someone in the Primavera thread, rock slot?

I would actually die, that would be amazing, can't see it though. 

• Like 1

I am not too fussed about Kendrick, I like him without being a big fan.... but it is a great booking if the info is correct.

Kendrick

Macca

Swift.

Very strong trio. I can't see anyone else getting 3 headliners as good as that. Balanced too. Something for most people there. I'd guess the vast majority will see at least 1 headliner this year.

Hoping for Bicep / Royal Blood / Doves or someone like Kool and the Gang to be on the Friday.

Exciting times.

I risk coming off as a mega snob here - but I am really surprised how many people want Taylor Swift! I must have missed something because I thought her demographic was super young.

I have never fussed about headliners (I reckon I average watching 1 every time I've gone to the festival) but even when a headliner hasn't been my style (I'm mainly into rock music) I could always seen the value of them in the festival. Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye, Adele, Stormzy... but Taylor is not... *snob comment alert* cool enough? 

I would see her more Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus level who were good sub headliners (I watched both!).

But again, maybe I have missed something - What have I missed?!?! I'm genuinely curious don't kill me!

Edited by SeaBear

No denying that is a huge trio, just no one there for me really... so currently trying to give them all a listen to see if I can get into one of them

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Macca's show is guitar rock.

Not my style though. He is the only act I'd potentially see but I'd be looking for something better (for my taste) for sure. 

3 HUGE names. Great bookings, just don't suit me. 

Kendrick is terrible. Taylor is OK (State of Grace is brilliant but doubtful to be played) and McCartney would be reasonably enjoyable but will certainly look for something more exciting for me. 

Only looking for one Pyramid night and it looks like I wont get that. 

Glad for all those these 3 appeal to, however.

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego

Just now, SeaBear said:

I risk coming off as a mega snob here - but I am really surprised how many people want Taylor Swift! I must have missed something because I thought her demographic was super young.

I have never fussed about headliners (I reckon I average watching 1 every time I've gone to the festival) but even when a headliner hasn't been my style (I'm mainly into rock music) I could always seen the value of them in the festival. Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye, Adele, Stormzy... but Taylor is not... *snob comment alert* cool enough? 

I would see her more Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus level who were good sub headliners (I watched both!).

But again, maybe I have missed something - What have I missed?!?! 

Doesn't make you a snob, goes over my head a bit if I'm honest but she's obviously massive and plays to sold out stadiums so fits the bill I guess

Just now, SeaBear said:

But again, maybe I have missed something - What have I missed?!?! 

The fact that she's good enough and big enough to headline and by the sounds of it you're dismissing her based on nothing more than your own prejudice.