jj200

2020 headliners

9 hours ago, strummer77 said:

We've been talking about RHCP for so many pages now I forget... is there anything actually linking them?

headlining festivals in Europe, and every time they do festivals in Europe, it's headlining the same festivals that your Coldplays, Foo Fighters etc. headline, yet apparently people think they couldn't possibly headline Glastonbury these days.

as for the Taylor thing, not really an issue for Glastonbury. just have a delayed broadcast of the Lover tracks from her set. there's no issue not broadcasting sets, Portishead (or was it Massive Attack?) didn't allow theirs broadcast before.

I don't really think the AMAs thing is even remotely true TBH, I can't see any court ruling that performing a medley of tracks live would constitute "re-recording" them. And if Taylor was arsed, she would just do it and then fight them in court on it.

I'm a big fan of her music, but as a person I think she's incredibly manipulative, and this open letter just seems like the latest in a long history of her trying to twist the narrative to suit her.

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The full Stones set is a bootleg. It wasn't broadcast, only a section of it.

Surprised the Stones haven’t released it yet given they seem to release a live album every few weeks.

Justin Timberlake is apparently headlining Pinkpop the week before Glastonbury. I reckon he's a much better fit for BST and I don't think they'd book him and Taylor Swift to headline in the same year but another name to consider.

1 hour ago, phimill said:

Are these two negotiations kept separate then? Make a deal to play Glastonbury, then go to the beeb to see what coverage they can give?

yep.

29 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Justin Timberlake is apparently headlining Pinkpop the week before Glastonbury. I reckon he's a much better fit for BST and I don't think they'd book him and Taylor Swift to headline in the same year but another name to consider.

Yeah JT sounds like a BST booking.

Its a shame because when he first came back he was making really exciting music but now he’s just fizzled for me. His old stuff still bangs though!

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah JT sounds like a BST booking.

Its a shame because when he first came back he was making really exciting music but now he’s just fizzled for me. His old stuff still bangs though!

would happily deal with an hour of his old stuff sunday afternoon

44 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

But he offered to play for free and Glastonbury said no!

11 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

would happily deal with an hour of his old stuff sunday afternoon

Yeah he’s just too big to do anything other than headline. He’s beyond a household name.

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

headlining festivals in Europe, and every time they do festivals in Europe, it's headlining the same festivals that your Coldplays, Foo Fighters etc. headline, yet apparently people think they couldn't possibly headline Glastonbury these days.

They’re shite though mate. Nobody is saying they aren’t big. They’re just totally irrelevant except to bros with 7/8th length shorts on.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

They’re shite though mate. Nobody is saying they aren’t big. They’re just totally irrelevant except to bros with 7/8th length shorts on.

what are 7/8th length shorts?

Kendrick probably wouldn’t broadcast his set either would he if he played? Would be weird only having one headliner properly shown over the weekend.

9 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Kendrick probably wouldn’t broadcast his set either would he if he played? Would be weird only having one headliner properly shown over the weekend.

Reading was broadcast, wasn't it?

11 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Fuck it, 3 headliners that aren’t broadcast and hopefully 2021 demand will be a little lighter 

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

Reading was broadcast, wasn't it?

I thought he only showed a couple of songs but I may be misremembering.

1 minute ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I thought he only showed a couple of songs but I may be misremembering.

The whole thing is on YouTube, but maybe it wasn't shown live? 

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

The whole thing is on YouTube, but maybe it wasn't shown live? 

That may be the case actually! He didn’t show anything when he subbed in 2015, he must have softened a bit!

3 hours ago, s30foster said:

Stormzy announcement dropped this day last year...just saying!

so we can rule out anything today then :) I believe someone might have once or twice said .... there is no pattern :) 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

so we can rule out anything today then :) I believe someone might have once or twice said .... there is no pattern :) 

I know we’ve been reliably informed that we won’t hear anything about the headliners until after new year but could someone down in Somerset just have a wee look in the oxfam shop windows just in case!🙏

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Saw this then two minutes later had an facebook notification saying Glastonbury had a new post on their page. 

It was a voter registration reminder, which is great! ....  but allllssoooo..... would have preferred an announcement.