jj200

2020 headliners

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

I vote for this:

Image result for simpsons big daddy

Sadly I’ve ran out of upvotes, but I’ll be back with more tomorrow.

I go away for a day and the thread has entered the Simpsons timeline...

Can we get a Thingy on this? I think this is the earliest that its turned to Simpsons memes. 

Edited by chazwwe
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I go away for a day and the thread has entered the Simpsons timeline...

Can we get a Thingy on this? I think this is the earliest that its turned to Simpsons memes. 

The memes are all year round.

If there is one thing that I’m confident on, it’s that Emily has her finger well and truly on the pulse.

RHCP whilst an all time great band, have been average for a number of years. Seconding what someone mentioned previously, they were rather ordinary in Singapore at the F1 recently. I’d be very surprised to see them be booked to headline the Pyramid.

54 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

If there is one thing that I’m confident on, it’s that Emily has her finger well and truly on the pulse.

RHCP whilst an all time great band, have been average for a number of years. Seconding what someone mentioned previously, they were rather ordinary in Singapore at the F1 recently. I’d be very surprised to see them be booked to headline the Pyramid.

Headline other? Sub? or just not playing?

6 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Think this announcement passed us by. Im feeling more confident my £5 bet is going to be coming in..

796FC43A-05DC-4961-8ED4-AC21F3F129F5.png

Was posted yesterday morning but lost in a sea of Simpson memes

Whilst it’s unlikely, I’ll be unable to truly dismiss the thought of RHCP until the headliners are announced. A worrying thought.

17 hours ago, kalifire said:

She'd get short shrift with that kind of attitude down at the Farm, if there was even anyone left at that point.

'You know what else won't be late? The 11:15pm train I have to catch in 45 minutes, so thanks for that.'

Reminds me of going to see guns n Rose's in Newcastle when the band didn't come on stage till 10.15. To get home on time I had to leave the venue at 11.05 at the latest but decided to still get a taxi 

He then walked off stage without finishing the show and regret the £25 it cost me to get home 

RHCP | Macca | Swift

I’d totally take Chilli’s if it would mean we get a Taylor and/or McCartney.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

RHCP | Macca | Swift

I’d totally take Chilli’s if it would mean we get a Taylor and/or McCartney.

Would fit the two who've never played narrative. Although I love the Chillis a d even I think it'd be a shite booking :lol:

Sounds like PSB announcement is just first play of a new song.  Although Lauren has also confirmed they will be in the studio with her in January, so there could be something then...

Edited by GrumpyRaver

Chillis as a headliner for the Other is a strong booking. As a Pyramid headliner? Not for me.

I dont know how popular they are with the kids, but their stock isnt really rising with my circle of friends going to Glastonbuty (who naturally  speak for all 34-38 year olds)

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

They would be one where Emily saying the Other Headliners r Pyramid Level is 100% accurate

9 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I dont know how popular they are with the kids, but their stock isnt really rising with my circle of friends going to Glastonbuty (who naturally  speak for all 34-38 year olds)

I was surprised how well they went down at Benicassim a couple of years ago, as that was a really young crowd for the most part. People I would guess in early 20s going nuts for tracks from By The Way and Californication, so would have been nippers when they came out.

I can only speak for myself but By The Way, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californiacation, Stadium Arcadium were some of the earliest albums I remember listening to.

I just have zero interest in anything they’ve released after 2006. Don’t know if that’s a shared experience?

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

I was surprised how well they went down at Benicassim a couple of years ago, as that was a really young crowd for the most part. People I would guess in early 20s going nuts for tracks from By The Way and Californication, so would have been nippers when they came out.

Their set in September was ridiculously focussed on the By The Way/Stadium Arcadium guff.  They didn't even play Under The Bridge.

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

Headline other? Sub? or just not playing?

For me, they'd certainly fit the  “pyramid level headliner on the Other’ with the added bonus that you wouldn’t be wasting the prime slot on a band that is past their best.

By the way, Can't stop etc still bang, but the setlist was definitely filled with too much stuff that you'd have hoped they realise didn't hit the mark.