2020 headliners

jj200

8 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

My sister's boyfriend used to be friends with James Arthur, kinda. Not super close or anything, but they've been on nights out, to house parties etc with them. I recall him telling some story about James being on a load of pills one night and falling into a pile of cow shit 

MANURE, I HATE, MANURE.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

He didn't say that. He said he has the 12th most-streamed song of all time on Spotify, and surprisingly he does.

Not having a go at you really but nobody cares about the clown so there's no need for the updates. Him being anti-Glastonbury doesn't mean we have to be anti-him like Stans - I prefer to go on not giving a toss about him.

Glas-Stan-bury

44 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So here's one I haven't seen mentioned; Talking Heads. Surely they'd definitely be a headliner if they reunited, right?

Reckon they'd get a big crowd or not?

I honestly think a majority of people have never have heard of them.

If they reunited, it would definitely be a big deal, and that would go some way towards upping the cache of having them, but to casuals, they are just another band from the 70s / 80s with a few nostalgic hits. Compare them to how Blondie are seen now.

And of course it's not happening.

4 hours ago, Badlands said:

I’d have no problem with them booking him. He’s utter shit, but then so is Bay, Ezra, Capaldi and the rest and they seem to get slots ok. 

Even putting aside the X Factor thing, George Ezra and Lewis Capaldi always seem to come across as decent blokes, whereas James Arthur seems like a bit of a w*nker, which sort of shouldn't  matter, but it kinda does

42 minutes ago, Dronx said:

I’m 31 and never heard of talking heads? When were they around and what genre? 

That's quite incredible. I wouldn't expect people to be able to name more than a few songs but to have not even heard of them, how have you managed that?

I'm intrigued now, what sort of music do you listen to?

15 minutes ago, waltere said:

Even putting aside the X Factor thing, George Ezra and Lewis Capaldi always seem to come across as decent blokes, whereas James Arthur seems like a bit of a w*nker, which sort of shouldn't  matter, but it kinda does

It’s the sense of entitlement he has that does him no favours. If he concentrated on making credible, quality music (big if in his case) then I’d imagine he’d be invited at some stage. As it is, he’s bitching about not doing Glasto, and in doing so is possibly sealing his own fate.

19 minutes ago, waltere said:

I agree, It’s not a popularity contest though. Plenty of c**ts have played the pyramid!

• Upvote 1

In all seriousness though the thing about James Arthur is he clearly has a huge chip on his shoulder which is unfortunate for him I suppose. I can't think of another musician who suffers from such a strong and unreasonable case of 'hard done by' ism. As a result of those feelings all he seems to do is tell everyone just how great he is and how bad everyone else is... 

Nothing against singer song writers with a guitar but hardly (to use his own words) "pioneering shit"... Compare him to Capaldi who gets up onstage, makes everybody laugh and is hugely thankful / appreciative of people going to watch him play and it's no wonder why he is up there and James isn't. Capaldi is a good lad who is under no illusions that it could all be over tomorrow. James is insistent that he is the best thing since sliced bread and offers something not only better than but totally unique to anything else on the market, which just isn't the case...

28 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

That's quite incredible. I wouldn't expect people to be able to name more than a few songs but to have not even heard of them, how have you managed that?

Surely it's an age thing. I'm equally baffled at how you'd expect anyone to be familiar with a band who haven't put out an album for more than three decades, whatever you think of them. There's just too much music out there to be across all of it.