jj200

2020 headliners

I deliberately didn’t go to Reading 2007 because the line up (for me at the time) was dire, about 3 bands over the weekend I would have seen.

I got lucky & went to Puerto Banus with the lads instead so I missed the woeful RHCP headline set where a friend said there was a 10 minute bass solo. Next years line up was much better (including RATM).

So at Leeds 2016 I was not looking forward to being dragged to their set... however, I thought it was great! Still wouldn’t want them headlining Glasto. Too big to sub, too big for Other (unless those EE rumours are true about Pyramid headline acts on Other for 50th), will be at IoW.

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Each to their own and all that, it's all in jest. I just personally find him utterly dog shit. I've tried and tried to get into him over the years.

Fair enough, there are a few artists beloved here that I don’t get (Taylor Swift being one), however that doesn’t mean I’d call them dogs shit though as that then implies a lack of taste on those that do like them. And of course, Nick Cave is almost untouchable around these here parts

At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old git (who am I kidding I am one) RHCP lost it for me from after BSSM. The run of Uplift Mofo Party Plan, Mothers Milk and the mighty Blood Sugar Sex Magic was exceptional. Back in those days they were a thrilling live band, was lucky enough to see them at the Electric Ballroom and two absolute blinders at the Astoria. Just fantastic. Then they got famous, and shit. I saw them at Brixton after Under the Bridge went viral and they were incredibly dull, I was stunned. They have done very little since to convince they have got any more interesting.

What other supposed EU festivals is Kendrick TBA then? end of June/start of July?

I can't get away that it is mostly eFests hype in wanting him to play that is pushing him to be so heavily included in predictions in here?

Sorry if I am way off the mark on this btw

33 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Fair enough, there are a few artists beloved here that I don’t get (Taylor Swift being one), however that doesn’t mean I’d call them dogs shit though as that then implies a lack of taste on those that do like them. And of course, Nick Cave is almost untouchable around these here parts

Not at all. That's why I said personally :)I'm sure folk aren't that precious. I like RHCP and someone just said they're the worst band of all time. It's fine like. 

Do we think there's any chance of Drake headlining next year? Seen a lot of rumours re. Kendrick but surely Drake would be a much bigger catch? 

Also still fancy the 1975 to headline as the one returning act of the 3 headliners. New album out in Feb and promoting climate change etc. which Glasto seem to be very keen on.

I saw them at Leeds and was one of the best gigs I've been to, incredible show they put on.

39 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I deliberately didn’t go to Reading 2007 because the line up (for me at the time) was dire, about 3 bands over the weekend I would have seen.

You missed an incredible headlining set from Razorlight 

18 minutes ago, CJTM said:

What other supposed EU festivals is Kendrick TBA then? end of June/start of July?

I can't get away that it is mostly eFests hype in wanting him to play that is pushing him to be so heavily included in predictions in here?

Sorry if I am way off the mark on this btw

I genuinely think it is just coz everyone here wants him to. But I think that's alright, we're still pretty early into the whole guessing process and no obvious answers are getting ignored because of it yet. Ticks a lot of boxes of the clues we've been given. 

2 hours ago, kevbizarre said:

No chance RHCP will headlined pyramid is there? And too big for Other? 

So we can all move on, nothing to see here 

Why do you think no chance? 

Following these threads, I always wonder why they aren't mentioned more. I for one would be buzzing to see them again

8 minutes ago, Liam138 said:

Do we think there's any chance of Drake headlining next year? Seen a lot of rumours re. Kendrick but surely Drake would be a much bigger catch? 

I bet he's fucking pricey! and he's got some bangers but I think Kendrick embodies the ethos of the festival a bit more?

3 minutes ago, Porridge said:

Following these threads, I always wonder why they aren't mentioned more. I for one would be buzzing to see them again

Just completely irrelevant these days. Went from being one of the biggest bands in the world for a long time through the 90’s to mid 00’s to a bit of a joke. I was a big fan back in the day but after them being terrible the two times I saw them live and a few fairly crap albums in I have no interest in them anymore, and I feel like many have gone the same way.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Porridge said:

Each to their own but for the 50th I would be very surprised they would be chosen 

9 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

You missed an incredible headlining set from Razorlight 

Was that when they were peak cocaine thinking they would be the next big thing?

Saw them two years earlier at Reading (I blame a mate) before KoL & Foo’s. It wasn’t good.

8 minutes ago, Liam138 said:

Also still fancy the 1975 to headline as the one returning act of the 3 headliners. New album out in Feb and promoting climate change etc. which Glasto seem to be very keen on.

I saw them at Leeds and was one of the best gigs I've been to, incredible show they put on.

I'd love it to be The 1975, I was at Reading and thought they were amazing, even though I went in not knowing much of their stuff. However if the info we have been given is correct I can't see it been them as the 2 headliners that are booked haven't played the festival before, but The 1975 have, and the last headliner has been in negotiations since the summer, but I feel The 1975 wouldn't be hard to negotiate with and would of just accepted it

Maybe if the rumour about The Other stage having Pyramid level headliners on it is true, The 1975 could be on that, but then I think Matty wouldn't be up for that as he clearly has a passion to headline the Pyramid...

Just now, Bisque said:

Was that when they were peak cocaine thinking they would be the next big thing?

Saw them two years earlier at Reading (I blame a mate) before KoL & Foo’s. It wasn’t good.

Dark days indeed. Struggling to think of a less worthy headliner for a major festival in the past 20 years

Paddy Power still has Lamar, Macca and Swift odds-on, and Fleetwood Mac are still evens - which makes me think that little money is going on any of them. Who would go to the bother of betting on this without doing a little homework first? 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Snrub said:

Fair enough if they’re not your bag, but you’ve gotta admit Frusciante is an absolute animal

Shame he's not in RHCP anymore...

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

Paddy Power still has Lamar, Macca and Swift odds-on, and Fleetwood Mac are still evens - which makes me think that little money is going on any of them. Who would go to the bother of betting on this without doing a little homework first? 

I reckon a lot of money would have piled onto Macca and Fleetwood Mac at the start - plus bets on others - but not so much recently.

16 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I genuinely think it is just coz everyone here wants him to. But I think that's alright, we're still pretty early into the whole guessing process and no obvious answers are getting ignored because of it yet. Ticks a lot of boxes of the clues we've been given. 

Hi all,

Pope here returning for a 7th year. Kendrick has been mentioned as a possible headliner for about the last 3 glastos, maybe more? Drake has a pretty strong connection with a lot of British artists including Stromzy, so i'm sure would lower his price tag if he was asked.... 

Both would be a hit, but Drake more so in my opinion.   

Taylor

Drake

Foals

As my guess

Foals doing Park stage 'surprise' plus new material out, plus they have subbed Pyramid before. 

11 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Dark days indeed. Struggling to think of a less worthy headliner for a major festival in the past 20 years

Good point, neither can I come to think about it.

Kaiser Chiefs came close. Maybe Disclosure but they were pretty huge at the time.