2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Pearl Jam community forum speculating that they are doing Lolla Stockholm on Glasto Sunday and a ???? date on the 26th (Glasto Friday).

Not sure who here is the best placed source but they are struggling to think where Pearl Jam are playing in the UK this summer.

There were rumours that the only date Pearl Jam are playing in the UK is in July. Some have mentioned BST.

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/268658/2020-tour-rumor-thread/p208

The info that they are playing a show on the 26th of June is weird though. They all seem to be in agreement that one is happening.

I don’t think it will be Pearl Jam but they do fit Emily’s criteria.

From what others are saying and from what I've seen. Only 1 person has said what your saying this 'info' is. While a lot of people are saying they won't book a show that their fans can't buy tickets for after they've been announced.

I like you dude but I think this is the 2nd time in a couple of days you've lined to somewhere else and claimed news (ACDC) and info from it where its 1 person saying something with no source.

Its almost Sommerset live levels of sillyness. If someone from somerset live were to make a 'predictions based on rumours' they would say it would be Kendrick, Taylor Swift and an old rock band, just because thats all we've been talking about on here. Where as we have NOTHING for Kendrick. 

26 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I like you dude but I think this is the 2nd time in a couple of days you've lined to somewhere else and claimed news (ACDC) and info from it where its 1 person saying something with no source.

Are you new to the politics of festival forums? That’s all we do here bro.

one person said Macca’s roadie said he was playing and that was the basis of most of our Macca rumours. 

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Pearl Jam would be an absolute dream come true. Don't think it will be them, mind, but they'd be phenomenonal on the Pyramid. 

I know he might not be as agile as he used to be, but wouldn't it be absolutely epic if Vedder climbed on to the Pyramid roof?

1 hour ago, jparx said:

The article is a few years old so I don't think any hints in there unfortunately! 

2017 but Micheal talks about the future of the festival and 2019 in particular. Don’t we think one or two of our headliners were booked a while ago (not sure why) - maybe PJ were lined up a couple years ago. #speculationstation

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I am really not so sure but just think it's worth pumping the brakes on the Kendrick chat now and then, if people are locking him in as a done deal despite very little other than our collective want putting him there.

As said before, I think there will be two rock bands headlining alongside Taylor when June comes around and if one of them hasn't played before then it's not a big list. AC/DC seem suitable to me at the moment, now there are a few more murmurs that they're touring.

That's true enough. If they haven't done it before I'm not sure why they'd do it now so I'm just as sceptical but I'd love to see it happen.

ACDC ARE NOT TOURING. THEY WILL NOT BE TOURING. 

10 minutes ago, leonaves said:

My Chemical Romance just announced as headlining Download australia so I guess they’re in the festival circuit next year? Reckon they could be on the cards as an Other headliner? They did Reading back in the day.

Don't know why they'd fuck about headlining second stages when there's plenty of festivals who'd give their left piss to have them headline outright.

12 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Don't know why they'd fuck about headlining second stages when there's plenty of festivals who'd give their left piss to have them headline outright.

Yeah, I’d imagine they’ll headline one of R&L, APE or (less likely) BST. Maybe Trnsmt as well 

MCR will be headlining wherever they play. They're not coming back after all this time to do Glastonbury's second stage. For that reason I don't see them fitting in to the Glastonbury picture since I'll be stunned (and fucking stoked) if they headline the Pyramid.

Just now, jparx said:

MCR will be headlining wherever they play. They're not coming back after all this time to do Glastonbury's second stage. For that reason I don't see them fitting in to the Glastonbury picture since I'll be stunned (and fucking stoked) if they headline the Pyramid.

I know it was murdered by being overplayed, but Welcome to the Black Parade would go off on the Pyramid stage. Don't see it happening though.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, jparx said:

Rumour doing the rounds on twitter that they are going to be playing Coachella but not headlining - not sure I buy it myself. 

12 minutes ago, sirjonnyp said:

Rumour doing the rounds on twitter that they are going to be playing Coachella but not headlining - not sure I buy it myself. 

The same user on a different forum who said ‘MCR comeback announced today’ on Thursday before it was official said that at the same time. Must be legit.

I think they might be at a point where they are having to test what the demand would be like - seeing as they weren’t a shining star when they disbanded - so are taking some lower slots. Still would be weird as fuck for MCR’s UK date to be Glastonbury; a festival that barely ever has anyone like them on the lineup.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The same user on a different forum who said ‘MCR comeback announced today’ on Thursday before it was official said that at the same time. Must be legit.

I think they might be at a point where they are having to test what the demand would be like - seeing as they weren’t a shining star when they disbanded - so are taking some lower slots. Still would be weird as fuck for MCR’s UK date to be Glastonbury; a festival that barely ever has anyone like them on the lineup.

I couldn’t see it being a UK exclusive, but then it’s far enough from R&L that it probably wouldn’t make sense to come back for that if they were gonna do it. You’re probably right.