2020 headliners

jj200

Can’t see RATM playing at Glastonbury unfortunately but I’ll be catching them in Europe somewhere when they come over ?

Nothing to do with headlining, but what’s the info on Inhaler as they are now TBC on here?.

Surely Snow Patrol are certs for a place after last year ? 

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Do RATM sound like an act that would require a lot of convincing to do Glastonbury again? Probably not. But could they be a Pyramid sized headliner on The Other? Maybe.

@eFestivals this answers your question too. Apparently the reunion was decided literally a couple of weeks ago. If they had some rumblings about reuniting it was only ever put into paper very recently.

I highly doubt they are in the frame for APE as Coachella apparently had to do a huge lineup rejiggle to get them on the bill. I reckon APE is booked up already.

Edited by Matt42

I'm having a wobble with Taylor. Feel like she's just gonna plonk a UK date on the Sunday of Glastonbury. She must surely be doing a separate UK show and it's hard to see where that fits in. Could always be before the currently announced shows, 13/14th perhaps, but I dunno...suddenly doubting it. 

Someone convince me again!

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm having a wobble with Taylor. Feel like she's just gonna plonk a UK date on the Sunday of Glastonbury. She must surely be doing a separate UK show and it's hard to see where that fits in. Could always be before the currently announced shows, 13/14th perhaps, but I dunno...suddenly doubting it. 

Won’t be in the UK. Makes no sense to make that sort of detour unless necessary. And she announced dates before the ticket sale, right? Would be very odd to delay the UK show announcement until 160,000 live music fans were out of the picture.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Won’t be in the UK. Makes no sense to make that sort of detour unless necessary. And she announced dates before the ticket sale, right? Would be very odd to delay the UK show announcement until 160,000 live music fans were out of the picture.

What about a big UK lover Fest 13th June and Stockholm on the 28th?????

Answer me that one!!!

5 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They had c. 200k applications for 40k tickets when they played Finsbury Park 

I get it was free and the hype about the no1 single, but it'd take a fairly big show if they do come over here. Would All Points East really be fit for purpose? 

They could to BST but I think that’s only 15k-20k more so not that big a gulf.

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

She Bessie mates with Ed sheeran and others who love the festival so they will tell her how great it is. She will see it as a bucket list gig. She will know it will get the most coverage and exposure in the UK over any other gig she could do or put on herself

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Just read pages and pages of "are they / aren't they big enough to headline?"

But I reckon that's the wrong question. I reckon the question needs to be: would they be playing?

And I reckon probably not. If they're doing Coachella for Goldenvoice I reckon it's likely they'll also do All Points East ... and I'm not sure that APT will be keen to have a show they've paid big bucks to make happen undermined by having them play elsewhere. If APT is going to have acts as an exclusive, then these guys are likely to be it.

This logically makes loads of sense....but Rage at APE sounds mental to me, even though I have zero actual knowledge to back it up. 

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

This logically makes loads of sense....but Rage at APE sounds mental to me, even though I have zero actual knowledge to back it up. 

I think it’s more likely they will skip Europe and come back next year if they are still going (as much as I don’t want to admit it). These dates were organised very recently - I can’t see most high of the London festivals having any space on their lineup.

They might do their own gig some point in the summer maybe? MK Bowl?

Edited by Matt42

41 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yesterday, when we were briefly discussing the Stones (before the RATM mayhem), Matt42 posted a link to a RS board in which someone posted info, obtained from someone allegedly with links to Twickenham, that there were two dates pencilled in there for concerts - one in early July, the other (I think) was 28 June. That said, I don’t know why she’d do a one-off stadium date here if she’s predominantly doing festivals 

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Yesterday, when we were briefly discussing the Stones (before the RATM mayhem), Matt42 posted a link to a RS board in which someone posted info, obtained from someone allegedly with links to Twickenham, that there were two dates pencilled in there for concerts - one in early July, the other (I think) was 28 June. That said, I don’t know why she’d do a one-off stadium date here if she’s predominantly doing festivals 

If the stones do bagsie 28th and 4th July then that’s another venue Swift can’t do.

I think the key line for Taylor was in the initial tour announcement "where there are no festivals we'll create some". Can't imagine saying that then just doing a stadium/outdoor show when the UK is the festival country. I think BST seems unlikely with the current dates so I guess it's IOW or Glastonbury, and a separate show?

Edited by jparx