2020 headliners

jj200

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Emilys on the one show tonight for anyone that hasn't spotted it ... maybe something will slip out ..... they do some shows from the festival if I recall ..... maybe they have revealed all they are going to for now 

Business as usual, we know fuck all and it could be imminent or 3 months from now on a Tuesday at 10am

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Rage > any other possible headliner 

Get them booked.

They dont strike me as a band solely in it for the cash (esp Zach). Glastonbury's ethos could definitely swing it.

Yep my thoughts too.

They're also not at Download, so that's a bonus for us. Let's wait and see what, if anything, they're doing in Europe. If they get announced for some other June/July festvials, could be game on.

I know Emily's talk of Pyramid sized headliners topping Other has gotten everybody excited, but it's most certainly gonna end up being your lower tier of Pyramid headliners (e.g. ones we're always debating about on here like Foals) than huge names equalling literally six mega headliners across the weekend. RATM would obviously be awesome and yes Glastonbury have got the ethos that would possibly be attractive to them, but in no world can I see RATM topping the Pyramid, and I find it very unlikely that they're gonna have RATM sized acts topping Other either. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I know Emily's talk of Pyramid sized headliners topping Other has gotten everybody excited, but it's most certainly gonna end up being your lower tier of Pyramid headliners (e.g. ones we're always debating about on here like Foals) than huge names equalling literally six mega headliners across the weekend. RATM would obviously be awesome and yes Glastonbury have got the ethos that would possibly be attractive to them, but in no world can I see RATM topping the Pyramid, and I find it very unlikely that they're gonna have RATM sized acts topping Other either. 

People would have said that about Metallica 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Prior to 2014, we'd have said "in no world can I see Metallica topping the Pyramid"

1 minute ago, Earth_pig said:

People would have said that about Metallica 

Just now, jparx said:

Prior to 2014, we'd have said "in no world can I see Metallica topping the Pyramid"

Metallica are the biggest metal band in the world who tour extensively and had played pretty much every festival other than Glastonbury up until that point. RATM are big, but they ain't Metallica, and I doubt the organisers would particularly care to rock the boat again especially for them.

RATM aren't the top contenders by any means, I'm just not dismissing it out of hand. Wasn't too long ago that the idea of a hip hop act headlining Glastonbury was seen as impossible and I'm sorry but no one would have predicted Metallica either. Point is, things that seemed much more ridiculous on paper have come to pass. A band reforming after almost a decade, who were huge last time they were active, who carry a very strong political message and would go down a storm with the Glastonbury crowd isn't ridiculous by any means. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I stand corrected (there's no need to shout @GrumpyRaver)

Was thinking that they'd only dropped a couple of EPs but now you mention it I can remember thinking that FWN was not as good as I wanted it to be after hearing the Brianstorm EP (Cue Dizzee Rascal and his non working mic).

I didn’t realise I was shouting mate... no caps in sight