2020 headliners

jj200

In all seriousness, with the festival booking 2/3 headline acts two years ago, and (lets say) opening discussions 3/4 years ago at that, I just cannot see them having booked Kendrick Lamar that far back, Taylor Swift I could see on the other hand, but only because of the touring plans she has around next summer, I would be sceptical otherwise being honest.

I think they will have wanted to secure a big legacy name for the 50th when looking into negotiations to book back in say 2015/2016... Aerosmith fit that bill better, but I honestly can't rule Pearl Jam out with them being ME's favourite band, or one of them.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I know this is the least of our worries right now, but do we think the boosted Other headliners will have a knock on effect on JP, WH and the Park?

Presuming Wolf Alice won't be one of the Other headliners now, JPT headliner maybe? 

1 minute ago, RaphPH said:

And from the never played

Madonna

Taylor Swift

Strokes

Pearl Jam

Kendrick

Elton

Elton is booked up 

Pearl Jam apparently are not in the UK till July

Strokes would not headline Glasto

Madonna... not seeing it.

Taylor and Kendrick - nailed.

1 minute ago, matichin said:

Please god don't people start talking about Guns & Roses. Would be a massive waste of a headliner waiting for Axl to turn up late...

They smashed it on the last tour though. Seems like they’ve turned a corner.

1 minute ago, matichin said:

Please god don't people start talking about Guns & Roses. Would be a massive waste of a headliner waiting for Axl to turn up late...

Wouldn’t worry too much about acts with a propensity for turning up late to gigs at Glastonbury. Lauryn Hill got her act together this year and turned up on time and delivered a blinding set.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I still think it’s Macca bros

I reckon Kenny and Taylor are signed and sealed as American acts need to be booked earlier. Macca still deciding how long he wants his guest list to be.

Agreed. If they’re putting acts who could feasibly headline the Pyramid on the OS, it’ll mean they’re likely looking for an international mega star on the Pyramid each night - making it the biggest set of headliners ever. This would also line up with Nick’s denial of Macca, given that if he is playing, he still isn’t booked.

I think people are ruling The Strokes out prematurely. They were hugely influential not that long ago. They hardly ever play the UK and when they do they shift a lot of tickets. They still have a bit of mystique about them with how little they’ve played live over here.  Is this it in my opinion is one if the greatest albums of all time. I’d be well up for them alongside Kendrick and Swift. 

3 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Wouldn’t worry too much about acts with a propensity for turning up late to gigs at Glastonbury. Lauryn Hill got her act together this year and turned up on time and delivered a blinding set.

Hung around to watch her set, but it really didn't do it for me, probably my least enjoyed set of the weekend, but different strokes eh?

Yes, they definitely don't have the flexibility to allow for late artists, as Toots turned up 45 mins after his set was supposed to start at West Holts in 2017. Watched his car turn up and then leave again with him looking pissed off in the back. 

3 minutes ago, Dronx said:

I think people are ruling The Strokes out prematurely. They were hugely influential not that long ago. They hardly ever play the UK and when they do they shift a lot of tickets. They still have a bit of mystique about them with how little they’ve played live over here.  Is this it in my opinion is one if the greatest albums of all time. I’d be well up for them alongside Kendrick and Swift. 

They are rumoured for reading and Leeds so I doubt they are in contention for glasto.

Edited by Matt42