2020 headliners

jj200

11 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I'm not doubting Pearl Jams credentials but out of curiosity is there many on here who have kept up with all their output since they exploded in the 90s? 

Yes. I got every studio album as they have been released. Not all are classic, but none are bad and they play sets drawn from the entire catalogue.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Should they be lined up to headline the Pyramid (which I just can’t see happening), I suspect they’ll not be playing to a capacity audience for the duration.

Yes, because every other festival performance they've done through Europe over the last decade has seen people leaving in their droves...

...said no one ever who was actually there.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I'm not doubting Pearl Jams credentials but out of curiosity is there many on here who have kept up with all their output since they exploded in the 90s? 

Yep. Just got back from Seattle yesterday, actually. Did the grunge tour and the PJ exhibition at the Museum of Pop Culture is fantastic. They would be amazing on the Pyramid but I do accept that beyond the 90s explosion as you put it, their popularity is generally limited to more dedicated fans. I think the majority of the Pyramid field would be there to hear the singles from "Ten". That said, anyone who would go to see them out of curiosity would be treated to a super-tight band let by a frontman with a great voice and a super back catalogue of tunes

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think the majority of the Pyramid field would be there to hear the singles from "Ten".

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2018/valdebebas-ifema-madrid-spain-2bebb8ea.html

The MadCool setlist was as festival-friendly as it gets. I think casuals would be surprised how much they enjoy them. Vedder remains a magnetic frontman.

Just now, maelzoid said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2018/valdebebas-ifema-madrid-spain-2bebb8ea.html

The MadCool setlist was as festival-friendly as it gets. I think casuals would be surprised how much they enjoy them. Vedder remains a magnetic frontman.

I was at that show and was blown away, as usual. Tremendous stuff.

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Let’s not forget that Neil heard they had a big act lined up for the ‘Friday rock slot’ this year.

Could that possibly be a curveball, and instead be the headline for this year to mislead us rather than the expected 3rd/4th down? @Brave Sir Robin @eFestivals

11 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Literally don't know a single PJ song, don't know what they sound like. Can't see them headlining to be tbh.

Can I be the one to point out your frothing reaction when anyone old enough to buy their own beer says that about Taylor? ;)

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2