2020 headliners

jj200

5 hours ago, jparx said:

PicsArt_10-28-01.28.36.jpg

Wonder if the Polaroid frame is Taylor? Monkey could be Pixies. *shrug*

This is potentially all pixies related imo:

monkey = monkey gone to heaven

surf board = surfer rosa

triangle shape = album cover for Doolittle, which also has a big number 6 up the front

planet = bossanova album cover

Actually I’m kinda stuck there but I’d be v surprised if it wasn’t pixies related in some way

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I would’ve thought announcing a headliner would take the focus away from the book rather than to it, but I’m no marketing expert.

Well it'll drive traffic to the website at a time the book will be heavily advertised on there. Can only be a good thing getting the festival in the headlines when the book comes out, surely?

Just now, Matt42 said:

@jparx according to rumours they only have one date scheduled in the UK and it’s in July.

Source isn’t the most definite, but as time is going on it seems to be looking like they are right.

Pearl Jam are creatures of habit so that makes sense. It's probably a date or two at the O2 Arena along with the same European festivals they always do. Sir Michael Eavis will be there, remarking on how marvellous it is.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Pearl Jam are creatures of habit so that makes sense. It's probably a date or two at the O2 Arena along with the same European festivals they always do. Sir Michael Eavis will be there, remarking on how marvellous it is.

Apparently they are headlining Lolla Stockholm so a couple of new ones.

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Any idea who else is in the frame for Lolla Stockholm next year? 

Nah I just saw that apparently Pearl Jam have a couple of dates in EU around Glastonbury but they aren’t playing. They are apparently at Lolla Stockholm (which is on Glasto weekend), but their only scheduled UK date is in July.

Sounds like a band who are around but weren’t asked. 

These Pearl Jam rumours are driving me a little nuts.... I don't think they'd hold out due to money. They seem pretty switched on to the bigger picture and especially as the Who have headlined it recently. Also, if the Eavii are such fans, don't get why they wouldn't have been asked. Still, if they're here in July, that's good. Hopefully not a Hyde Park show.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I oughtta punch you in the beef

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

You'd love to see it

Just now, henry bear said:

Imagine the meltdown on here if that happened

The pop headliner we deserve, bringing his odes to 'beautiful boobies' to Glastonbury's 50th Yannisversary.

f1fd49fe-a20e-4bb4-9240-8c69ef9a6378.siz

• Upvote 1

I know there are no indicators.  I know it won't happen. I know it's never going to happen.  I know it wouldn't be anywhere near as good as the hype has built it up. But...

Listening to Alive 2007 for the first time in a while this morning. Oh my. Please.

19 minutes ago, Quark said:

I know there are no indicators.  I know it won't happen. I know it's never going to happen.  I know it wouldn't be anywhere near as good as the hype has built it up. But...

Listening to Alive 2007 for the first time in a while this morning. Oh my. Please.

Did that myself the other day. Forgot how good it is, oh to experience that live..