2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Why isn’t Van Morrison in the hat?

Every bit as worthy and capable of headlining as Paul McCartney or Elton John surely?

And a real heavyweight glastonbury stalwart with 7? Appearances

I mean, he could play but like, his last appearance was 5th down the Pyramid in 2005 so this is a bold post.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I mean, he could play but like, his last appearance was 5th down the Pyramid in 2005 so this is a bold post.

Maybe so, but those were different times and I guess he was always available for any slot back then. He only needs to get in ahead of those mentioned and he walks it ahead of most mentioned here.

Also Elton John played Leigh Sports Village not so long ago so come on...

Neil Young was billed as support in 1997. Its not like he only reached the height of his fame in the decade after to then headline in 2009.

The fact is as chart music gets worse, all of these guys stock rises. Van can.

4 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Maybe so, but those were different times and I guess he was always available for any slot back then. He only needs to get in ahead of those mentioned and he walks it ahead of most mentioned here.

Neil Young was billed as support in 1997. Its not like he only reached the height of his fame in the decade after to then headline in 2009.

thumb_yeah-well-thats-justlike-your-opin

13 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

insane post. just awful. do you wanna look up the kind of venues Van Morrison plays in??? the slots he does at festivals???? do you wanna put any thought into this????? are you seriously gonna hold up fucking Brown Eyed Girl as the glorious peak that pop music has fallen from??????????? log off dude.

Edited by Mash011
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Mash011 said:

insane post. just awful. do you wanna look up the kind of venues Van Morrison plays in??? do you wanna put any though into this????? are you seriously gonna hold up fucking Brown Eyed Girl as the glorious peak that pop music has fallen from??????????? log off dude.

Without entering into the wider argument, BEG is a banger.

May have something to do with the fact that the local club played it religiously on their student night when I was a nipper, but that's not the point :lol:

I don’t care what people say, there is no way Coldplay will headline again so soon.

The festival would be a laughing stock and rightly so, it just won’t happen and doesn’t need to happen.

That doesn’t mean they won’t crop up somewhere, but Pyramid headliner? No way.

In fact in the history of Glastonbury has there ever been a band that have headlined so soon? As far as actual festivals are concerned, taking the fallow year into account if they did headline in 2020 there would’ve been TWO festivals between their last appearance.

What is the precedent for that?

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

i feel like an idiot asking but...

who on earth is reg? i feel like im getting wooshed hard.

Friends with jackies sisters brothers boy.

19 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

And you have a go at me for my posts being full of shite 

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I don’t care what people say, there is no way Coldplay will headline again so soon.

The festival would be a laughing stock and rightly so, it just won’t happen and doesn’t need to happen.

That doesn’t mean they won’t crop up somewhere, but Pyramid headliner? No way.

In fact in the history of Glastonbury has there ever been a band that have headlined so soon? As far as actual festivals are concerned, taking the fallow year into account if they did headline in 2020 there would’ve been TWO festivals between their last appearance.

What is the precedent for that?

Yep there’s precedent, Coldplay headlines in 2002 and 2005 lol.

23 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

insane post. just awful. do you wanna look up the kind of venues Van Morrison plays in??? the slots he does at festivals???? do you wanna put any thought into this????? are you seriously gonna hold up fucking Brown Eyed Girl as the glorious peak that pop music has fallen from??????????? log off dude.

Lol pipedown question marks.

The mans had tens upon tens of millions of album sales, has hundreds of millions of streams, play theatres of upto 2k capacity but often sells them out in runs so the total can be comfortably 10k+ in certain towns with 5 nights.

He has dwelled in the support tier for festivals recently sure but the fact of the matter is, the 1975 or foals would be getting a massive leg up just by virtue of the fact they are the only bands that are contemporary and even look mildly like sizeable. But the quality ain’t there.

And comparing to other recent ’legend’ headliners, why can for example the who dine out on baba o reilly still? Van has probably had more top 10 albums in the last 20 years than they did in their career. And one of them is a pedo.

Go and listen to astral weeks from start to finish. And don’t do it in a bad mood just because somebody called you a dum dum on an internet forum or else you won’t like it, dum dum.

• Upvote 1