2020 headliners

jj200

I’m not too bothered about the news on Reg, indeed I’m quietly pleased as it makes Macca more likely, I guess. I saw EJ in June, and enjoyed it - great show etc, but if he was a headliner next year there’s a good chance I would have gone elsewhere. I can’t imagine I’d ever pass on the option of seeing Macca again though.

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Be interesting to see who Coldplay have as collaborators on these new albums. Could very much play into the '50th Birthday Extravaganza' if they've signed up a few big names ?

Coldplay and Friends is looking very likely on the Sunday. Daft Punk are one of the rumours, will have to see who else is on the experimental album. The downside of that is I'll actually have to listen to the album. 

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

because they played a few songs together recently(ish), which looked like they might be Albarn's project for next year.

As far as i'm aware he still doesn't have a project for next year so I guess it remains a possibility of more Blur.

I think Albarn’s touring this project in April/May so I’d imagine Blur are out. Doing a few songs together in a pub is one thing but they won’t do Glasto’s 50th without some decent rehearsal time and a few warm ups.

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Coldplay and Friends is looking very likely on the Sunday. 

Saturday*

Taylor is the one looking very likely for the Sunday.

- - -

Kendrick Lamar / Paul McCartney / Taylor Swift

On the basis that Paul and Taylor are the two booked headliners and Kendrick is the last to / last they signed up.

If they are still trying to get Macca then I reckon Coldplay waiting if he says no.

The reaction to Kendrick / Coldplay / Taylor would be.... interesting.

Elton news is a real bummer, but adds a bit of fire to the Kendrick/Macca/Swifty rumour as like has been said, Elton always looked more likely due to his tour dates. Just have to wait and hope for Macca to announce he’s touring next year in some capacity.

Gonna ignore the far more likely Foals/Coldplay double...