2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

his vibe on the farm? :lol:

he'll be taxi'd, or helicopter in max 2 hours before the show, be in his dressing room with his entourage for pretty much all of it until showtime, then fuck off straight away after. he's not going to be hanging around in the commoner VIP area with the z-list celebs and people on PR freebie tickets, making a nuisance of himself and abusing staff....

and there are no doubt far bigger bellends playing every other stage every other day, let alone have headlined in the past.

Let's be honest though, who doesn't want to see someone like Elton John or Macca finish their set, jump into the crowd and hot foot it over to Shangri La to get absolutely off their melon? :D

49 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There always is -  but I struggle to see how Kendrick, Paul and Taylor is something disappointing? There will be a lot of attention on the resale if those three are at the top of the bill.

I wasn’t saying that Kendrick, Macca and Taylor was disappointing. I was saying that Spice Girls, Capaldi & Florence would be disappointing if the dizzy heights of the former 3 aren’t achieved.

I agree with others on here that the names flying around at the moment would make it one of the best headline lineups we’ve ever seen.

1 minute ago, vardyvarvar said:

I wasn’t saying that Kendrick, Macca and Taylor was disappointing. I was saying that Spice Girls, Capaldi & Florence would be disappointing if the dizzy heights of the former 3 aren’t achieved.

I agree with others on here that the names flying around at the moment would make it one of the best headline lineups we’ve ever seen.

surely lewis capaldi shouldn't even be getting mentioned in this thread for at least a few years

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Is this the most in the dark we've been at this point? Nothing significant to point to anyone really at the moment..

I always seem to think we're pretty in the dark till October (especially the past few years) If we don't get anything official or big hints within the next month it'll be very interesting to see what this thread looks like haha. 

2 minutes ago, C14S said:

surely lewis capaldi shouldn't even be getting mentioned in this thread for at least a few years

I agree but in the interest of spurring debate...

One album released, massive rise to fame, wouldn’t be expecting a massive fee (guess). A few similarities to Sir Stormzy of Kingston. Who absolutely smashed it btw.

But anyway, I think it would be unfair to categorically rule him out at this stage but he does represent a disappointing headline announcement for most.

22 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Think youre on the wrong forum if you think thats worth a downvote. Most of the stuff here are people making random guesses at lineups/announcements etc. so you're gonna get through your daily vote count very quickly

Chill out boy, its a downvote on the internet.

Back to headliners: my prediction (hope) is they all drop out at the last minute and then we get fontaines dc every night.

Maybe one night they do only Fleetwood Mac covers just to spice it up.

Just give it fontaines til the end of the season!

On 10/21/2019 at 12:07 PM, Matt42 said:

can you stop following me around and jabbing at everything I say? If you’re gonna jab at me for this then you’ve gotta do it to everyone else. 

If you go through Emily’s Instagram, her posts from live gigs are either acts booked for the festival or acts that eventually make their way onto the bill. Emily makes it very clear who she has her eyes on.

Eventually maybe.  She's posted about artists that don't play the next festival more than once.

31 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

I agree but in the interest of spurring debate...

One album released, massive rise to fame, wouldn’t be expecting a massive fee (guess). A few similarities to Sir Stormzy of Kingston. Who absolutely smashed it btw.

But anyway, I think it would be unfair to categorically rule him out at this stage but he does represent a disappointing headline announcement for most.

He is not a headliner. Stormzy was huge beforehand, he had played bigger venues, sold more, made a political impact. Lewis Capaldi is a third down ish at best.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He could well if his trajectory maintains.

Ezra is the next cab off the “earnest young man” rank though.

Don’t think it will though. I reckon he’ll go the same way as James Blunt.

Aye, Ezra is inevitable at this point and I think he will headline whenever he releases his third album. I’d say Sam Fender is more likely to eventually headline Glastonbury than Lewis Capaldi.