2020 headliners

jj200

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Lol I get what you mean but ain’t no one coming close to Eminem at his peak. 

Eminem in his peak was selling Adele numbers. No other rapper has come close since, not even Drake!

I know Eminem is a problematic artist but the only rapper which has come close to Eminem at his peak is Drake.

Drake is another who has completely passed me by in the main. I heard that "Hotline Bling" tune & never bothered going any further. 

That tune "feelings" was on every twitter / facebook feed with people walking out of the cars. I just don't get those 2 tunes at all. Absolutely nothing about them whatsoever.

I presumed Kanye was / is bigger than Drake though? 

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I presumed Kanye was / is bigger than Drake though? 

Hmm hard one. I’d probably say Drake is bigger than Kanye because Drake makes rap that is very radio friendly. He is also the hottest feature on the market and any song he jumps on pretty much always does well. He has a voice which is very radio friendly.

To me Drake is bigger because he’s the bigger record and ticket seller. Kanye is seen as the more ‘credible’ act though probably because Kanye tries to push the boundaries whereas Drake makes music firmly within the boundaries. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SloopJohnB said:

Radio X were reporting earlier that Fleetwood Mac hasn’t happened due to FMs fee....I guess that pretty much rules them out of ever headlining then

Note - I doubt X have any substance to the story....just sayin

The article on the Radio X site links over to Sun's Bizarre column, where it is 'exclusively revealed' that an insider knows talks broke down over money. Apparently Mick Fleetwood was up for it but the rest of the gang didn't think it was worthwhile. Funny if true, probably not though.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The article on the Radio X site links over to Sun's Bizarre column, where it is 'exclusively revealed' that an insider knows talks broke down over money. Apparently Mick Fleetwood was up for it but the rest of the gang didn't think it was worthwhile. Funny if true, probably not though.

This is all pretty common knowledge is it not. Michael Eavis has said before multiple times that they need to reduce their fee, and recall him once saying Fleetwood would do it but they needed more than just a drummer. There’s a reason they’ve never played, and that reason means they never will in my opinion.

Edited by ShakeyCrash

1 minute ago, ShakeyCrash said:

This is all pretty common knowledge is it not. Michael Eavis has said before multiple times that they need to reduce their fee, and recall him once saying Fleetwood would do it but they needed more than just a drummer. There’s a reason they’ve never played, and that reason means they never will in my opinion.

Possibly, although I didn't realise Mickey Van Fleet was the only game one.

When Drake dropped If You're Reading This It's Too Late out of nowhere in 2015 I was studying abroad and listened to it on repeat for about two weeks straight. Insane mix tape. Take Care is immense but the other records are all some killer, mostly filler. With Kendrick I feel like there is a pathway for him to headline but with Drake it doesn't seem to add up. Stranger things have happened though...

10 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Didn't Drake sell out the o2 like 10 nights in a row at around £100 a ticket?

Kanye or Kendrick couldn't do those numbers

Side note. Drakes music is absolutely awful

He didnt sell the manc arena out earlier this year though. Someone at work went. Said it wasnt full. Price was over a ton though

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Struggle to see Fleetwood ever playing if the issue is still the fee tbh.

They obviously don’t get it then. If the Stones could take the initial hit then any band could. I bet the Stones have made their money back twice in record sales off the back of their headline show. 

19 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

They obviously don’t get it then. If the Stones could take the initial hit then any band could. I bet the Stones have made their money back twice in record sales off the back of their headline show. 

Stones reportedly got a higher than usual fee. Maybe the Eavi aren’t so keen to raise the fee for the Mac, especially in their current lesser state. Either way, fuck em.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I reckon now FM are refusing to reduce their fee because they feel like one year Glastonbury might pay up.

Is Emily as arsed about booking them as her dad was? Not sure that's a great strategy by Fleetwood and the lads after all these years.

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Stones reportedly got a higher than usual fee. Maybe the Eavi aren’t so keen to raise the fee for the Mac, especially in their current lesser state. Either way, fuck em.

I’m sure I’d read/heard that regardless of fee the Stones actually lost money due to that massive stage they had built.

Seeing the press they probably think Glasto are desperate for them. Why would they lower their fee if it’s clear there’s a demand for them to do it?

They probably aren’t convinced by Glasto’s charitable nature. If we hold off long enough they’ll pay full fee.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

On a serious note what shite have you been listening to the past god knows how many years if you haven’t listened to Kendrick? Guys put out two of the best albums this decade according to anyone with even a passing interest in music. 

Thanks for tells me what I must listen to, ??