2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

boomer ass forum acting as if people don't know who kendrick lamar is. lmao.

I know. If you have any knowledge of music you’ll know Kendrick. Even my mum knows who he is due to the performance on the BRITS I think it was. 

he’s one of the biggest artists on the planet and if they book him it’s absolutely massive. 

2 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

I know who he is and had only heard swimming pools before yesterday. I'm now making my way through his discog. Currently half way through Section.80 and its alright.

There’s me thinking your name was based on him*

*Kendrick’s surnames Duckworth so I thought it was some pun. 

5 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

I know who he is and had only heard swimming pools before yesterday. I'm now making my way through his discog. Currently half way through Section.80 and its alright.

Surprised you hadnt listened with ODB as your pic.

Section.80 is good, but definitely his worst studio album, all up from there.

15 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

boomer ass forum acting as if people don't know who kendrick lamar is. lmao.

I only really know who he is because I'm on this forum.  Not a genre of music I listen to, don't listen to much in the way of mainstream radio and he's not exactly a fixture on 6Music, don't really read music press that much.  So yeah, I know pretty much bugger all about him.

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

Surprised you hadnt listened with ODB as your pic.

Section.80 is good, but definitely his worst studio album, all up from there.

Interesting. I started to listen TPAB last night but it didn't grab me straight away so I thought it would be best to play them chronologically.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

I only really know who he is because I'm on this forum.  Not a genre of music I listen to, don't listen to much in the way of mainstream radio and he's not exactly a fixture on 6Music, don't really read music press that much.  So yeah, I know pretty much bugger all about him.

ok dude

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ran out of upvotes today but would be sending one your way. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Ran out of upvotes today but would be sending one your way. 

I'll just take the adoration, that'll do for me :)

Should add that my (lack of) knowledge has absolutely zero relevance to whether he should/shouldn't headline or not. I get he'd be a massive announcement. But nope, I couldn't name or hum you a tune of his. 

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

So what you're saying is you don't really listen to/know much from that genre, yet you know who Kendrick Lemar is?

Pretty impressive on his part I'd say.

Just now, priest17 said:

So what you're saying is you don't really listen to/know much from that genre, yet you know who Kendrick Lemar is?

Pretty impressive on his part I'd say.

Weeeelll, kind of. I know who Kendrick Lemar is because I have a worrying obsession with Glastonbury and spend too much time on this forum. So you could say the fact that he has enough appeal to be regularly named on this forum is pretty impressive. 

However, you could say that I know of him because I have an interest in music and am part of a wider community where a wide range gets discussed. So I know who he is from a pretty specific avenue rather than general public consciousness.

Call it either way.  But yeah, I don't come across any of his stuff but still know who he is and how big he is :)

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'll just take the adoration, that'll do for me :)

Should add that my (lack of) knowledge has absolutely zero relevance to whether he should/shouldn't headline or not. I get he'd be a massive announcement. But nope, I couldn't name or hum you a tune of his. 

It’s just a relief knowing I’m not the only one. 

Are people forgetting how much of a massive pop hit "Blinded By Your Grace" was? Stormzy passes the mum (and dad) test for my parents where Kendrick Lamar fails. Yes K won a brit, but Stormzy cleaned up at the BRITS the year he performed and every headline was "Stormzy the big winner of this years BRITs" (https://variety.com/2018/music/news/winners-2018-brit-awards-dua-lipa-ed-sheeran-stormzy-lorde-1202706274/, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43149771). And yes he's often on shit like x factor (https://vimeo.com/246528336) and mentioned about on the morning shows and loose women and all that crap. Honestly I'm not saying he's more accomplished (he isn't), but you guys do know the kind of media that the general public consumes right? I'd like to see X factor booking kendrick lamar or seeing him feature on a bloody little mix or ed sheeran track ?

Everyone says every headline act isn't big enough. Like it is crazy. One of the biggest rappers being dubbed not big enough. 75 not big enough, Foals not big enough. Crazy. Stop finding ways of convincing yourself an act you dont want won't play. They will if they are booked, THEY ARE BIG ENOUGH. Stop kidding yourself.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Everyone says every headline act isn't big enough. Like it is crazy. One of the biggest rappers being dubbed not big enough. 75 not big enough, Foals not big enough. Crazy. Stop finding ways of convincing yourself an act you dont want won't play. They will if they are booked, THEY ARE BIG ENOUGH. Stop kidding yourself.

Just now, thrillhouse188 said:

Wait are we seriously debating whether Kendrick Lamar is big enough to headline ffs? ??

Just to clarify, no. I'm not. Getting myself out of that firing line right now.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Not saying Kendrick isn't big enough, he easily is, he's just not more well known by the general public in the UK, that was the discussion. That doesn't mean the festival should or will correlate their bookings with that.