2020 headliners

jj200

19 minutes ago, David Gray (90+2) said:

Saw them in London this summer, they were great. Hope they're somewhere on the bill. Not played a Glastonbury yet I'm right in saying?

Not as far as I know.  Saw them again in Brighton this year on that tour and I really like them, although did have an interesting conversation on here (think it was with @The Nal and @Mardy?) about how well they transfer to a bigger / open stage from the little venues.

That and the guitarist's unfortunate resemblance to Jeffrey Dahmer :lol:

If they were to play GF I think they'd be perfect up on the Park.  Fingers crossed.

45 minutes ago, David Gray (90+2) said:

Saw them in London this summer, they were great. Hope they're somewhere on the bill. Not played a Glastonbury yet I'm right in saying?

Yeah they were great at EOTR, new music coming too, so hopefully a debut from them!

16 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Went straight to Spotify as I’d never heard of them.

1) Thank You.

2) They’re better than the 1975.

3) Give it the beths.

Ya welcome.

11 minutes ago, Smeble said:

He may be but the general public have no idea who he is.

Yep definitely. 

I’m starting to get to the age where I’m out of touch with what the kids are listening to these days. But with Stormzy last year, even though it’s far from my type of music at least I knew who he was. If I had got tickets I wouldn’t have been at the Pyramid for him.

There’s plenty of other stuff there that I’m more than happy with. It’s not all about the latest Grime or Hip Hop star. 

Edited by squirrelarmy
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It may yet click for me, but he's not headlining owt with a setlist based on Ghosteen.

I loved it straight away, but I think that's the thing with Cave albums you never know when or if it's ever gonna click, like I couldn't really get into his last one (although I probably didn't give it as much of a chance as I should have). 

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Yep definitely. 

I’m starting to get to the age where I’m out of touch with what the kids are listening to these days. But with Stormzy last year, even though it’s far from my type of music at least I knew who he was. If I had got tickets I wouldn’t have been at the Pyramid for him.

There’s plenty of other stuff there that I’m more than happy with. It’s not all about the latest Grime or Hip Hop star. 

You had literally never heard of Kendrick Lamar?

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Yep definitely. 

Saying that Stormzy is more well known than Kendrick is crazy. Even in the UK Kendrick is a household name, he's won a Brit fgs, not to mention a shedload of Grammys, and he's been around for longer and produced more top level music.

If I went around asking people who's heard of Kendrick and who's heard of Stormzy, I'm convinced that Kendrick would comfortably be more well known.

Edited by C14S

39 minutes ago, gorfield said:

I am 42 and think foals are amazing.. I was a late starter - saw them in Amsterdam this year and they are a must see band for me now.

Same... I didn't see their secret set as it clashed with Lizzo, but watched it back on iPlayer and loved it! Really keen for them to play a big slot and I will 100% be there

Do I think they're a "massive" band who are an obvious pyramid choice? No...but when the other options for the "indie" headliner are Coldplay and The 1975 they most definitely get my vote!

1 minute ago, C14S said:

Saying that Stormzy is more well known than Kendrick is crazy. Even in the UK Kendrick is a household name, he's won a Brit fgs, not to mention a shedload of Grammys, and he's been around for longer and produced more top level music.

If I went around asking people who's heard of Kendrick and who's heard of Stormzy, I'm convinced that Kendrick would comfortably be more well known.

In the UK? I really doubt that.... Stormzy engages in UK society/popular culture beyond music for a start 

54 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Any Madonna related whispers, @eFestivals? She's still up as a (r).

Conventional wisdom is she charges way too much but they've asked her before and perhaps floated the 50th? Her current tour ends in March.

Taylor-Swift-and-Madonna-2015-grammy-billboar-1548.jpg

Can’t see Madge at all anymore. Her fee is reported to be through the roof and her car crash of a performance at Eurovision was hardly a ringing endorsement.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Not as far as I know.  Saw them again in Brighton this year on that tour and I really like them, although did have an interesting conversation on here (think it was with @The Nal and @Mardy?) about how well they transfer to a bigger / open stage from the little venues.

That and the guitarist's unfortunate resemblance to Jeffrey Dahmer :lol:

If they were to play GF I think they'd be perfect up on the Park.  Fingers crossed.

Yeah they're far too weak live and hes far too rapey to headliner anywhere.

1 hour ago, C14S said:

I very much doubt that to be honest in the UK. Maybe amongst the youth... but even that's a maybe. Stormzy is a bit of a household name in Britain with the general population. Whether you are into him, can name a tune or not. He is relatively often on the front pages of the red top rags.  Fuck Boris. Helping Black youth get into university. His girlfriend is on Radio One and on a lot of TV shows. He is more well known to the average person on the street of Britain I'd guess. I am talking about people who are not interested in hip hop / grime / festivals, not just the demographic who are.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop