2020 headliners

jj200

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Panic started releasing radio pop songs.

They've become a bit like Maroon 5 tbh.

They’re definitely a bit of a pop band nowadays, think they do it pretty well though. 

They’d smash a Pyramid slot or Other Stage headline I think, Brendon is one hell of a performer.

Edited by Mouseboy11

13 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Get James Blake out for King’s Dead as well ? 

I saw him just after he brought good kid, m.a.a.d city out and he was really good, saw him again earlier this year and you could really see how he’s developed as a rapper. The first time he had a band and a hype man. He didn’t rely upon his hype man but he was helped by him quite a lot. The second time he was completely on his own and he absolutely killed it. Obviously there was a bit of a backing track but it was such polished performance. Love him to do it next year. 

Funnily enough I first caught kung fu kenny at V festival in Weston park back in 2013. Dragged my group there who really aren’t into that music and they all loved it, became fans following his performance.

But as you said, to see how far he’s come on since the earlier days of section 80/GKMC is great, he’s taken his show to a whole other level now. If he sticks with the Kung Fu Kenny mantra in his shows then I’d advise everyone to catch him if he does play the pyramid, as it’s a really good show as much as it is performance.

But with how he’s progressing I think it’ll be a whole new persona/concept album and attitude with his next album, which I’m looking forward to seeing/hearing.

1 hour ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Foals subbed Other on the Friday, before Arctics headlined the main in 2013. 

It was my favourite double header in all of the festivals I’ve attended ?

That Foals set really made me question what anyone could possibly see in them. 

They're a band that, by all appearances, I should love. But bar a couple of tracks I just think they're terrible. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I really think glasto hq could get drake if they tried. He’s always desperate to raise his UK profile.

I think especially with Jay Z and Kanye having headlined before Drake certainly will at some point. Fee will be huge but I think he will headline in the next few years.

3 hours ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

I'm the same. I'm 26 & feel like some sort of gammon reading these forums. Haven't a clue what's going on

I am 42 and think foals are amazing.. I was a late starter - saw them in Amsterdam this year and they are a must see band for me now.