2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Didn’t he clock out early? He usually scrapes over an hour with his festival shows. Nothing to do with having to coheadline; he can play as long as he wants, I imagine.

Pretty sure he finished about 5 mins later than he was scheduled to iirc, there was like a 45+ min gap between him and panic which seemed a bit unnecessary

20 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Does anyone else reading this feel really not on it anymore? I’m 28 and I remember when Foals came around, I thought they were alright, I last saw them around the time of their third album at Manchester Academy I thought they were alright, that’s it.

When did they become this massive band? Has it totally passed me by?

I'm the same. I'm 26 & feel like some sort of gammon reading these forums. Haven't a clue what's going on

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Because Taylor seems nailed on for next year at this point and they wouldnt book both in one year for fear of Lawn having a heart attack

Is there a way to get out of the dungeon without using the wizard key?

42 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

It doesn’t take being into an act to be able to see that they are obviously huge. Kendrick is basically the biggest non-heritage act out there right now.

That's right, but to quite a big section of people, Kendrick just hasn't registered at all. Taylor Swift for example has done. I doubt most people would say "who's she?" even if they are not fans.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

42 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I might need to even smaller text to say this but..

Panic! At The Disco were actually much better than you'd expect and would do a great job at Glastonbury.

Honestly, I think Panic! would smash an Other stage headliner slot and get a really good crowd size for it too. Wouldn't surprise me if Brandon came out with Tay' for ME! and then performed next year. 

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

That's right, but to quite a big section of people, Kendrick just hasn't registered at all. Taylor Swift for example has done. I doubt most people would say "who's she?".

I think that has to do with the internet though, she makes a lot of news headlines, there was all the meme/faff around 'I knew you were trouble' and then just the size and popularity of some of her singles do outweigh that of Kendrick. 

1 hour ago, C14S said:

This is true, saw him on tour that year and at reading, and he was better on tour but part of it was to do with an issue with massive overcrowding down the front at Reading, none of us up there had enough space to mosh or even just jump around a bit.

I also saw Kendrick at Reading, I personally found it a massive disappointment. He had lifted his arena show into a festival, so it was long skit videos and the overall performance was pretty mediocre. I'd agree that being a 'co-headliner' may have been a factor in this. I've been to a lot of hip-hop gigs and this one didn't stand out at all.

It didn't help that we saw Pendulum straight before, which was one of the best performances I've ever seen!

Not sure I'd give him another chance at Glastonbury, probably depends what else is on for me.  If he is booked as a headliner, I'm hoping he'll try a little harder.

Still think P!ATD were a lazy booking from Reading. Can’t get my head round them headlining the Glasto Other Stage in 2009 (?), then falling as low as a mid afternoon slot at Reading 2015, then getting boosted back to headline in 2018. Can’t help but believe they were just being lazy.

Sorry, I’m aware this is irrelevant.

11 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Still think P!ATD were a lazy booking from Reading. Can’t get my head round them headlining the Glasto Other Stage in 2009 (?), then falling as low as a mid afternoon slot at Reading 2015, then getting boosted back to headline in 2018. Can’t help but believe they were just being lazy.

Sorry, I’m aware this is irrelevant.

Frankly I can't believe that Kendrick was a coheadliner, but fucking Fall Out Boy were a proper headliner

Edited by Gilgamesh69

11 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

We all thought that when they were booked. Their latest album was massive and High Hopes went Platinum. Two dates at The O2 on their last UK run. They've transitioned into outright pop much, much better than Fall Out Boy and the like.

1 hour ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

I'm the same. I'm 26 & feel like some sort of gammon reading these forums. Haven't a clue what's going on

Dunno lad after reading people pretend they don’t know who Kendrick Lamar is or pretending Elton bloody John the famous king of pop diva might do the legend slot instead of headline I’m beginning to think people are just full of shite instead.

• Upvote 2

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

If both Foals and Arctic Monkeys get booked in the same year then I'm afraid that I'd have no choice but to become the Joker.

Foals subbed Other on the Friday, before Arctics headlined the main in 2013. 

It was my favourite double header in all of the festivals I’ve attended ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Panic! are subbing Taylor, I have decreed it.

I saw them at manc academy 11 years ago and the earpiercing I'd given myself in electronics class earlier that day, with a piece of wire, fell out while I was jumping around at the front.

I really need to start doing some actual work today.