2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, Rubber Soldier said:

They are shit though, aren’t they? 

I saw them in 2012 or 13 at Y-not at like 3 in the afternoon, fine I thought but fairly landfill indie and never really thought about them ever again. Fair play if people like them but it was astonishing to me when I saw people on here talking about them as potential headliner. 

11 minutes ago, Sargey Babes said:

We seen Thom Yorke has announced 2020 tour dates 

JUNE 2020
Friday  19 – SEC (Scottish Events Centre) Hall 3, Glasgow
Saturday 20 – O2 Victoria Warehouse, Manchester
Tuesday 23 – Eventim Apollo, London
Wednesday 24 – Eventim Apollo, London

JULY 2020
Wednesday 1 – Open’er Festival, Gdynia, Poland
Wednesday 1 – Saturday 4 – Roskilde Festival, Denmark
Monday 6 – AFAS Live, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Thursday 9 – Ippodromo del Galoppo di San Siro, Milan, Italy
Saturday 11 – Pohoda Festival, Slovakia
Sunday 12 – Karlin Hall, Czech Republic
Monday 13 – Max-Schmeling-Halle, Berlin, Germany

If that isn't the very definition of "a Glastonbury shaped hole" then I don't know what is

10 minutes ago, Sargey Babes said:

I saw them in 2012 or 13 at Y-not at like 3 in the afternoon, fine I thought but fairly landfill indie and never really thought about them ever again. Fair play if people like them but it was astonishing to me when I saw people on here talking about them as potential headliner. 

They have grown massively since then, selling out the o2 and headlining Reading, I mean just watch a bit of their Reading set from this year and you will see how big they have become and why people are talking about them headlining Glastonbury

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Odds obviously mean nothing but Kendricks gone 8/11 favourite with Macca which I’m loving. Swift third at 4/5, FM at 6/4, Foals at 13/8, 75 at 7/4, EJ at 5/2, Coldplay at 7/2, same as AM. 

Interesting that FM still have high odds after being ruled out by Emily. Don’t the bookies visit this site?

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Odds obviously mean nothing but Kendricks gone 8/11 favourite with Macca which I’m loving. Swift third at 4/5, FM at 6/4, Foals at 13/8, 75 at 7/4, EJ at 5/2, Coldplay at 7/2, same as AM. 

Funny that the 2 nailed on headliners who are already signed are still 7/2

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

so that is a couple of potentials rulled out .... when's the next event ? do we get some more ruled out and then an announcement to coincide with the book launch on the 31st ? 

Personally think we'll have some sort of news by then. I don't expect an announcement ON the 31st, perhaps some more hints/acts ruled out like yesterday, but I reckon we'll get a headliner announcement before the book launch for some extra publicity.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

That’s 2019’s headliners very well summed up! 

I wasn’t bothered about missing out this year. The headliners definitely seemed like they were saving the really big guns for 2020. 

I dont think this is the case but I really hope it is. 2019 was woeful in way of headliners for me, out of the 'big' stages I was only bothered about chemical brothers...so that's one headliner out of 12! (Pyramid, Other, WH, JP).

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I still think they should do a advent calendar of one artist announced (big or small, any stage) per day in December...

Love this idea. Even if they used some of the days to confirm Beans on Toast, Mik Artistik etc it would be great way to keep the excitement going before the main announcement.