2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, David Gray (90+2) said:

Glastonbury isn't really their thing and, besides, the WiFi in their parents' basement is notoriously patchy.

This is the crux of the misunderstanding. That somehow Led Zep fans are a niche demographic... They remain a fucking huge band and on any metric are way bigger than Kylie.

4 minutes ago, David Gray (90+2) said:

You seem to be struggling to distinguish things here.

Are Led Zeppelin, on account of the satanic-worshipping neckbeards who idolise them for absolutely no apparent reason, more popular than Kylie overall? Possibly.

Are the above fans the ones getting Glastonbury tickets? Not really. Glastonbury isn't really their thing and, besides, the WiFi in their parents' basement is notoriously patchy.

So, overall, if Kylie and LZ were both playing on the Pyramid Stage on consecutive days, I would bank on Kylie drawing a bigger crowd. She'd certainly have a much wider demographic than LZ would.

This is absolute nonsense.

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Neil got an e-mail ages ago from someone that's been right in the past saying these big names were playing, only told us about it yesterday coz it seemed silly.

Then there was a fairly standard ahah there's no way Led Zep are playing.

And then people were like ahah why are we talking about Led Zep?

And then people were like wait we're talking about Led Zep?

And then a bunch of people came in and said I go away for 5 mins and suddenly we're talking about Led Zep?!

And now we're at a point where people seem to genuinely think Led Zep aren't one of the biggest rock bands of all time and that people.

Haha excellent summary - thanks!!

4 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

This is the crux of the misunderstanding. That somehow Led Zep fans are a niche demographic... They remain a fucking huge band and on any metric are way bigger than Kylie.

No, not a niche demographic. Just one that is full of saddos with massive delusions of grandeur about what 'real music' is.

8 minutes ago, David Gray (90+2) said:

No, not a niche demographic. Just one that is full of saddos with massive delusions of grandeur about what 'real music' is.

LOVE the username. 

I think the truth of this arguement- which unfortunately will never be answered - is somewhere inbetween.

LZ are on of the biggest artists of all time. This is almost unquestionable. Kylie is not. This is definitely unquestionable.

However, I think they would draw similar crowds at Glastonbury as the punters are not there to see a specific artist.

Zeppelin would sell out Wembley stadium on ten consecutive nights if the reformed. Kylie wouldn't sell the standing area on her own.

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego

8 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

What a tremendous username hahaha

3 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

LOVE the username. 

:lol:

The brackets are important to distinguish me from Babylon-singing David Gray.

Don't want to derail the thread any further than it already has been with football chat, but fuck the Hearts thank you both.

Keep your eyes peeled for a retro Frank Graham top cutting about Pilton (no, not that Pilton) come June.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Led zep would draw a massive crowd on reputation but about 5% of that would be people who actually regularly listen to their music

That's a sensible assessment, although I'd up the % a bit.  You'd say the same thing about Kylie.

6 minutes ago, David Gray (90+2) said:

:lol:

The brackets are important to distinguish me from Babylon-singing David Gray.

Don't want to derail the thread any further than it already has been with football chat, but fuck the Hearts thank you both.

Keep your eyes peeled for a retro Frank Graham top cutting about Pilton (no, not that Pilton) come June.

Great post, Sir David. Great post! You certainly deliverrrrrrred with that reply.

Hope to see you next June. GGTTH. 

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego
  • Upvote 1