2020 headliners

jj200

4 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Led Zep playing Kashmir to a half empty field cos everyone’s over at the Other watching Bastille

Luckily I'll be 30 2 weeks before so I'll be allowed with the oldies into the Pyramid field for Led Zeppelin. 

Come on guys! Bar an ABBA reunion,  the biggest 3 bands, with members still alive that could ever be booked would be Led Zep, Fleetwood Mac and Pink Floyd! None of those would have a half empty field. Half of you have lost your heads

Edited by Heather90

Just now, Rubber Soldier said:

This thread has gone mental. Pretty sure some of the people thumping the 1975 drum are the same ones claiming Led Zep wouldn’t pull a big crowd. Insanity. 

If i hadn't already upvoted all the Taylor Swift BDSM stuff you'd be getting so many green arrows

1 minute ago, Rubber Soldier said:

This thread has gone mental. Pretty sure some of the people thumping the 1975 drum are the same ones claiming Led Zep wouldn’t pull a big crowd. Insanity. 

Zeppelin would pull a huge crowd no question, just not as big as FM these days. I know about 30 people (all under 26) going next year and struggle to think of any that would be arsed about Zeppelin.

15 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

the average Led Zep or Fleetwood Mac fan wouldn't be seen dead in a field full of the unwashed masses (in their eyes) and would happily pay £200+ for a premium seat at Wembley or the O2.

This is outrageous. I don't know who you think the average Led Zep (or FM) fans are, and why they'd have such an opinion of the 'unwashed masses'. This is such a baseless assessment of their fan base, and actually very inaccurate.

• Upvote 1

I’m 26 and mentioned led zeppelin in our glasto group chat, 1 person was excited the other 8 myself included aren’t bothered, would maybe go for a song or two to say we’ve seen them and then go somewhere else, don’t think I could name you a song without opening Spotify. 

they’d get a big crowd, but I’m not sure a big crowd would stay for the full set 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Zeppelin would pull a huge crowd no question, just not as big as FM these days. I know about 30 people (all under 26) going next year and struggle to think of any that would be arsed about Zeppelin.

I think maybe it seems that way because FM are a going concern these days and in the public eye. If Led Zep reformed and announced a tour (regardless of a Glastonbury appearance), they'd be breaking records everywhere.

Just now, Mash011 said:

look the 1975 might not get as big a crowd as led zeppelin would, but they would objectively play a better set

They might objectively but I don't think the general crowd would enjoy it as much.

4 minutes ago, whateverworksout said:

... don’t think I could name you a song without opening Spotify.

This is using your own lack of interest as evidence of everyone else's lack of interest...

I couldn't name more than one Taylor Swift song. This has absolutely no bearing on her popularity or suitability as a headliner.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I think maybe it seems that way because FM are a going concern these days and in the public eye. If Led Zep reformed and announced a tour (regardless of a Glastonbury appearance), they'd be breaking records everywhere.

Maybe, but I'd argue the average age at a Zeppelin concert would be almost double that of Glastonbury. Whereas a FM Concert would be similarly aligned.

1 minute ago, C14S said:

No way is this true.

Which part? 

Glasto punters definitely skew younger, even if it's got.a better age spread than other festivals.

Fleetwood Mac's recent tour was heavily attended by millennials (as others in this thread have pointed out).

They also have more Spotify listeners than Zeppelin, even if it's only be a few million a month. We know that the majority of Spotify users are millennials (Spotify have confirmed this in the past).

3 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Which part? 

Glasto punters definitely skew younger, even if it's got.a better age spread than other festivals.

Fleetwood Mac's recent tour was heavily attended by millennials (as others in this thread have pointed out).

They also have more Spotify listeners than Zeppelin, even if it's only be a few million a month. We know that the majority of Spotify users are millennials (Spotify have confirmed this in the past).

Led Zep have twice as many followers that the Mac on Spotify.

And if FM have more plays, I think it's because this is based on per song plays. Led Zep have loads of long songs.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Led Zep have twice as many followers that the Mac on Spotify.

And if FM have more plays, I think it's because this is based on per song plays. Led Zep have loads of long songs.

I don't think "Followers" is as relevant on Spotify (don't think I follow any artist).

Fleetwood have 14.5 Million Monthly Spotify listeners.

Led Zeppelin have 12.9 Million Monthly Spotify listeners.

Screenshot_20191011-124922_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20191011-124917_Spotify.jpg

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Jesus christ. She has to play All Too Well on the Pyramid. That would be the moment. 

I imagine she'll bash out a few tunes on the piano and acoustic, and she's played it a couple of times at shows since Lover came out so there's a decent chance we'll get it I reckon.

It will bring the metaphorical house down. It crushes audiences every time