2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, lukethekid said:

Leeds & Reading 2011, The Strokes & Pulp shared the headline slot, with Strokes headlining Reading and Pulp headlining Leeds. We attended Leeds and The Strokes were absolutely crap. Pulp were unbelievable though. If Pulp had been on first like Reading I'd have got off during The Strokes set. 

I was at Reading... Strokes were appalling.

37 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Well there not doing Download, can’t see them doing any festival in the UK but Glasto, if any. More likely to do there own gigs however there’s a chance if the gaps there. 

Maybe. It is interesting, however, that they're supposedly doing a run of festivals in the US. Since around when they last did Download, it's all been stadiums aside from Coachella. Might mean they don't have the same production demands.

Who knows though? This rumour could be completely duff and some other bands get announced for those festivals tomorrow.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Huh yeah they were excellent that night. Better than BST. Everyone seemed absolutely enraptured, and the band looked like they were enjoying it. They've been getting good reviews across the board this year.

I think they'll be as big as they've ever been when/if they properly launch a comeback. They sold out a 40k+ APE after selling about 20k tickets (pre-discount) for BST four years prior. There's increasing nostalgia for the era that they're obviously the kings of. I don't see them subheadlining anything anywhere in the near future.

I’d love them to headline the pyramid but I just can’t see it happening on the 50th 

40 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I loved it. I kinda feel like I’m in the minority though. They ain’t Glastonbury headline material though.

Do you not feel like Julian Casablancas is the most uncharismatic front man in the world though? It was like and day between him and Jarvis. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

AC/DC's return (with Brian Johnson) is rumoured to be announced tomorrow., with some US festivals at the start of a world tour

IF this happens tomorrow I have a pretty good idea of what kind of festivals theyll be doing. We have a festival circuit in the midwest and southwest of the u.s. thats pretty much an american version of Download and it just moves from state to state around May/June. Theyve had Guns N Roses headline them so AC/DC isnt that big of a stretch to be booked for em as a fairly good draw for a 40,000 cap fest

Edited by Suprefan

Just now, Suprefan said:

IF this happens tomorrow I have a pretty good idea of what kind of festivals theyll be doing. We have a festival circuit in the midwest and southwest of the u.s. thats pretty much an american version of Download and it just moves from state to state around May/June. Theyve had Guns N Roses headline them so AC/DC isnt that big of a stretch to be booked for em as a fairly good draw.

Yes it's the Danny Wimmer Presents ones. To be clear, I haven't read that they're announcing a tour tomorrow; I've seen rumoured that they're doing those festivals as part of a world tour and then what's certainly true is that those festivals are announcing tomorrow. The rumour featured on the link appears to have got Metallica right so let's hope it's not horseshit and AC/DC are back and rolling through to Europe.

15 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

As it stands I’m 1975, Fleetwood and Paul McCartney I think.

Elton on legend slot and Spice Girls subbing or third down to Paul with Sunday being focused on British music of the past fifty years

How do you explain Taylor Swift then?

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How do you explain Taylor Swift then?

I feel that they booked macca and fleetwood way back in 2017 cause they’re so expensive. They booked them in advance thus leaving a slot for an upcoming UK act and and taking that time to see who deserves it throughout those years. I don’t think Taylor suits the 50th or glasto altogether as a headliner, just my personal prediction at the moment.

I haven’t seen any more evidence pointing towards Taylor besides a gap in her dates. Who says she wouldn’t sub fleetwood mac? Feel like that’d be a really strong Saturday for the 50th. Or could she be a special guest for somebody’s set and plans on scoping out the place to potentially play the following year?

Then again it’s the biggest glasto yet so anything can happen

Edited by Nick Aldous

8 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

I haven’t seen any more evidence pointing towards Taylor besides a gap in her dates. Who says she wouldn’t sub fleetwood mac? Feel like that’d be a really strong Saturday for the 50th. Or could she be a special guest for somebody’s set and plans on scoping out the place to potentially play the following year?

No evidence for Taylor other than her doing a June European festival tour with no UK date.

22 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

I feel that they booked macca and fleetwood way back in 2017 cause they’re so expensive. They booked them in advance thus leaving a slot for an upcoming UK act and and taking that time to see who deserves it throughout those years. I don’t think Taylor suits the 50th or glasto altogether as a headliner, just my personal prediction at the moment.

This is an atrocious post.

• Like 1