2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

Seems like a weekly thing that someone mentions Macca again completely forgetting that he's been ruled out by Emily's husband no less. 

I've been purposely ignoring the rumours because I'm starting a new job, but now I can. Can you fill me in? What did he say?

I don't understand really why people want Fleetwood Mac. Haven't they been turning it down for years because they weren't getting paid enough? I've always got the impression that they don't actually understand or care about the festival, so why would you want to give them such an important slot?

Maybe I'm biased because I think they're crap, but I'm just really hoping it's not them.

5 minutes ago, karaseen said:

I've been purposely ignoring the rumours because I'm starting a new job, but now I can. Can you fill me in? What did he say?

Nick had said that Macca wasn't playing next year, Neil seemed to think that he was lined up to play 2019 and possibly dropped out but wouldn't be in the frame for 20. Neil seems pretty certain on it so unless something has changed since Nick said that then don't expect Macca there

8 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

We're definitely at the point where someone can drop in with a big name and no rhyme or reason as to why they might be there but we'll still discuss it for pages

Therefore I'm now saying Genesis

Odds on Mr Blobby?

15 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Nick had said that Macca wasn't playing next year, Neil seemed to think that he was lined up to play 2019 and possibly dropped out but wouldn't be in the frame for 20. Neil seems pretty certain on it so unless something has changed since Nick said that then don't expect Macca there

Ta very much

2 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

I'm hoping they drop a name soon, I think it will be BIG! 

I reckon we'll know something by November (probably not before the book launch as they won't want to take the attention off of that) 

I think there will be an announcement in the book, or one on the day of release. It would give a bit more publicity to the book

Still thinking we'll get Taylor announced very soon. I reckon Lawn was right and she's doing Glastonbury, Lover Fest UK somewhere in London and TRNSMT in Glasgow and they have a deal to wait until after Glastonbury tickets were sold out to announce the shows.

14 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

Do we think that FM would still require a higher fee and therefore they could decrease the status of other headliners?

I certainly hope not. It sets a bad precedent.

I simply don't understand why a headliner would not do Glastonbury just because of the fee. Surely the attendant publicity and cache will more than compensate, even financially. If you really want to milk it, you book dates for the following year and announce them the week following Glastonbury. You'd get one of them money-printing licenses.

1 hour ago, lukethekid said:

Well the backbone is English, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie & Christine McVie are all English. Stevie Nicks & Mike Campbell are American and Neil Finn is From New Zealand. So right now they’re 3/5s British, 2/5s American and 1/5 New Zealander  

I really hope you're not a maths teacher...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

Still thinking we'll get Taylor announced very soon. I reckon Lawn was right and she's doing Glastonbury, Lover Fest UK somewhere in London and TRNSMT in Glasgow and they have a deal to wait until after Glastonbury tickets were sold out to announce the shows.

Surely you'd announce Glastonbury after Lover Fest?

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Well, the Glastonbury announcement will generate loads of press and then announcing Lover Fest will give those disappointed about Glastonbury an opportunity to see her. Not that Taylor needs a press boost mind.

Who knows though. Just speculation on my part!

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I reckon Taylor will be a late announcement or on the poster if they don’t announce all the headliners prior. Shift the other festival tickets and then announce her. The other headliners first. 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Well, the Glastonbury announcement will generate loads of press and then announcing Lover Fest will give those disappointed about Glastonbury an opportunity to see her. Not that Taylor needs a press boost mind.

Who knows though. Just speculation on my part!

It would make much more sense to announce Lover Fests first, I don't know too much about the promotor business but I'd imagine they'd not want a Glastonbury announcement out there until the new year in the hope that a few months and Christmas present buying period would shift as many as possible. Then if Lover Fests happen after Glastonbury any unsold tickets could get another late stage boost from the coverage.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I think Loverfest will be announced first. If it's anything like her last Hyde Park appearance it will sell out in a day, then Taylor can be announced for Glastonbury. I can be patient as I have the Belgian date sewn up the weekend before Glastonbury already.