2020 headliners

jj200

As long as Taylor is one of the three, then I don't care who else is playing. I'm at Werchter Boutique the weekend before just in case Swifty is not on the farm. Would like to see FM too but they would be clash dependent.

FWIW I think both Foals and 1975 would be suitable headliners for the Friday night. Foals have smashed it every time they have played and the Eavii do like to promote through the ranks but the 1975 are definitely flavour of the month popularity wise so they'd be a good fit too.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Kendrick Lamar, Fleetwood Mac, Taylor Swift would be amazing - how would people feel about 2.5 American acts though?

Would fit with Neil saying that there tends to be less intel on American artists

EDIT: and I'd imagine that a barrage of Americans is more to do with fees than quotas

Edited by Tommy101

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

yeah what’s the craic with FM are they British or American lol 

Well the backbone is English, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie & Christine McVie are all English. Stevie Nicks & Mike Campbell are American and Neil Finn is From New Zealand. So right now they’re 3/5s British, 2/5s American and 1/5 New Zealander  

Just now, jparx said:

Hard to see how they would afford Kendrick, FM and Taylor with their budget though. Would they really be willing to break the bank that much for the 50th? I'm worried we're being a bit too pie in the sky. 

Do you reckon they could have maybe held back a bit of the budget from last year? 

1 minute ago, lukethekid said:

Do you reckon they could have maybe held back a bit of the budget from last year? 

I don't know enough about how they manage finances tbh. I don't think they intentionally held any money back and booked cheaper acts though.