2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Coldplay is back next year as they are annconed for this global citizen thing.

So what are the chances of them playing next year.

Appearing in some capacity? I'd say very high. Headlining the Pyramid? Can't see it so soon after last time, but it is Coldplay.

Starting to actually think they could do the Sunday tea time slot after joking about it before...

26 minutes ago, jparx said:

Appearing in some capacity? I'd say very high. Headlining the Pyramid? Can't see it so soon after last time, but it is Coldplay.

Starting to actually think they could do the Sunday tea time slot after joking about it before...

To be fair, an hour of Coldplay's greatest hits sounds a lot better than 2 hour headline set... (as long as they play Viva La Vida)

25 minutes ago, jparx said:

You were never joking about it. :P

They are rumoured for festivals this summer but it still seems too soon for Glastonbury. It was the only festival they did on the last album tour so doing others and missing the big G makes sense to me.

34 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think they’ll open the Pyramid on the Friday.

Based on nothing but a hunch.

Surely, it's too soon for Coldplay to return as an official headliner, although on the other hand, I'm sure they would like to be the undisputed record-holder band for most headline performances, which I think they're currently tied on with someone else on 4. I'm sure they want no. 5, but I doubt/hope it's next year.

Just don't see Coldplay headlining. Famous last words, I know. It would almost be a parody booking. Even joe public was starting to comment on Chris Martin popping up like a relentless game of whack-a-mole after the Kylie thing. Surely they have a more interesting idea?

I'm fine for them to be there in some capacity, but I hope they don't waste a headline slot on them so soon after the last one.

Extremely unlikely Swift would play Saturday, imo. Her other dates say Sunday or nothing.

Also can’t see Coldplay headlining at all. Not without new material at least. I could see an unannounced set from them though, absolutely.

At this point I’m guessing:

The 1975/AM/whatever

Fleetwood Mac

Taylor Swift

Ledge: Reg

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Extremely unlikely Swift would play Saturday, imo. Her other dates say Sunday or nothing.

Also can’t see Coldplay headlining at all. Not without new material at least. I could see an unannounced set from them though, absolutely.

At this point I’m guessing:

The 1975/AM/whatever

Fleetwood Mac

Taylor Swift

Ledge: Reg

The Friday night "whatever" slot. Love it.

• Upvote 1

This Capaldi kid on bbc1 gonna headline at some point. Pity all his songs are shit, seems like such a sound fella.

This yesterday choons alright to be fair

Edit: browsing the music channels (I know I know I've got tonnes to do tomorrow but I'm not ready for bed yet) and watching the music video with Peter Capaldi, think I've found a way to enjoy his music. Can he be on stage when lewis headlines? Might watch it then.

Edited by priest17