2020 headliners

jj200

I really hope that there has been a maturity in Glastonbury’s audience and were more equipped to welcome a proper Lana set with open arms this time.

It saddens me how negative the response to her 2014 set was. I really hope that there’s a big comeback in the making here.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Blur/Foals

Macca/LDR

Taylor/Lizzo

My current dream scenario for headliners and subs.

Lizzo surely miles off Pyramid sub having only just played day time West holts? (I know it’s a dream scenario but you’ve gone pretty realistic with the others)

But given how good those first 4 are, I’ll take it. 

Edited by The Martini Police

12 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Lizzo surely miles off Pyramid sub having only just played day time West holts? (I know it’s a dream scenario but you’ve gone pretty realistic with the others)

But given how good those first 4 are, I’ll take it. 

If anyone deserves to jump from WH to Pyramid sub in a year, it's Lizzo.

I'm sure they will have a bigger name in the slot, but I'd book her there after what she did on West Holts. And I wouldn't think twice about it.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Thing is.... I really dunno.

I feel like Lizzo could genuinely sub. If she plays again she’s getting a sub crowd so ?

Yup. Felt like she had a sub crowd on WH tbh. 

Won't happen - should happen.

Edited by jparx

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I really hope that there has been a maturity in Glastonbury’s audience and were more equipped to welcome a proper Lana set with open arms this time.

It saddens me how negative the response to her 2014 set was. I really hope that there’s a big comeback in the making here.

Inconceivable that she just put on a dud performance, the crowd must have been too immature.

Don't think she'll ever quite work for me on a big outdoor stage, would much prefer something more intimate personally.

Edited by Mouseboy11
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Inconceivable that she just put on a dud performance, the crowd must have been too immature.

Don't think she'll ever quite work for me on a big outdoor stage, would much prefer something more intimate personally.

I am a big fan but the.performance that afternoon was flat.

27 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I do think less people were drinking the Lana kool aid back in 2014. She was still quite new and a lot of people didn’t quite get her “thing”.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I do think less people were drinking the Lana kool aid back in 2014. She was still quite new and a lot of people didn’t quite get her “thing”.

She was more style over substance in 2014. It's not about people not getting her or drinking juice, it's about her winning folk over by writing better songs.

She certainly seems to have upped her stage production and it looks really good. As people have mentioned her musical output is great these days too. 

Even as a fan though for me she's just not a very good live singer and I find it hard to see past that.

Edited by Mouseboy11

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She was more style over substance in 2014. It's not about people not getting her or drinking juice, it's about her winning folk over by writing better songs.

Valid point. It was deffo a two way thing - she’s grown an awful lot since 2014.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

can y'all just like an album without having to inundate everyone about your personal running album of the year lists? makes me do a full body cringe and i'm spilling hot chocolate everywhere.

And all of my peaches..... are ruined.... fuck

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

can y'all just like an album without having to inundate everyone about your personal running album of the year lists? makes me do a full body cringe and i'm spilling hot chocolate everywhere.

Nah its half the fun. It's even funner if the albums not even out yet.

On an unrelated note, Danny Brown AOTY

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

[Re: LDR]
I agree with that. She’s a bit like Goldblum last year - sounds ok, and of course the fans will lap it up, but would be far better in a more intimate setting. I can’t personally get through an entire LDR album in a sitting, and I wouldn’t be there at a Glasto appearance, but I can see why they’d book her.