Jump to content
jj200

2020 headliners

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

hearing few rumours about Coldplay playing Rock Werchter next year - if so - odds on for either a headline or secret Glasto appearance next year. 

I don't think anyone would dare put money on them NOT being there ... in some capacity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really really doubt they will be back, but if the move is to have four headliners it will probably be for a band like Coldplay.

They’d have to play on the weekend though, for reasons already stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I don't think anyone would dare put money on them NOT being there ... in some capacity 

Spot there. They will be there in some form or other. Not as a headliner though.

I wouldn’t rule out ME letting them open the Pyramid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Homer said:

Thursday headliner?! Is there something to this or are we back in 'fourth headliner' territory?

(Also, gutted I only just saw the 'I preferred the Peter Green version' post - who won this year's game of Fleetwood Mac bingo?!).

Just wait till someone suggests a second main stage...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

if i had to make a guess, I'd go with The 1975 - as that makes a nice trio of old, mid and new acts.

It's easy to forget that The 1975 is 17 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Just wait till someone suggests a second main stage...

Should scrape the main stage all together and possibly the 2nd / other whatever it is called stage now.

Could reduce ticket prices by perhaps up to 50%, people going just for mainstage artists wouldn't bother going any more so much easier to get tickets.

 

win win win in my book

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

 

2011 is the only year I've missed since I started going and I'd actually quite like to see her. I think Emily deserves to get to see her as well, I'd be pretty happy with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

 

Weren't Destinys Child reforming and touring? I could see Beyonce doing it and bringing them out for a few songs to be honest. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Homer said:

Thursday headliner?! Is there something to this or are we back in 'fourth headliner' territory?

(Also, gutted I only just saw the 'I preferred the Peter Green version' post - who won this year's game of Fleetwood Mac bingo?!).

If there is a fourth headliner, Coldplay will be all over it. Much like Radiohead, they've been there so many times, being the first act to headline a 4th day on the anniversary....they'd be there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

how many years will it take you all to learn the 5th rule of efestivals, 'there is never a 4th headliner'

There is. It's the legends slot. They now usually get the biggest crowd of the weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love Beyonce, but if she apparently has gigs booked in South America in June/July, doesn't really point to Glastonbury.

Can you imagine the festival booking Beyonce and Taylor in the same year. The outrage would be beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Can you imagine the festival booking Beyonce and Taylor in the same year. The outrage would be beautiful.

I know they don't get on, but...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

There is. It's the legends slot. They now usually get the biggest crowd of the weekend. 

no come on dude. there are three headliners and legends slot. they are categorically different, even if the legends slot is sometimes referred to as 'kind of like a fourth headliner;'.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

no come on dude. there are three headliners and legends slot. they are categorically different, even if the legends slot is sometimes referred to as 'kind of like a fourth headliner;'.

I am at the stage where I hope I don't like the legends slot person more than the headliners because it's just too busy around there now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I am at the stage where I hope I don't like the legends slot person more than the headliners because it's just too busy around there now. 

Agreed. I just couldn’t face it this year and missed out on Kylie as a result. It’s absolutely insane and something you really have to brace yourself for, I find. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...