2020 headliners

jj200

21 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

She's pulling out because it's a disgusting animal abuse shitshow and the fans kicked off (although the Glastonbury is a dairy farm tho...)

I didn't realise there was an issue with horse racing in Australia? They have similar excellent welfare standards as the UK does and the horses welfare is no 1 priority. I can understand people kicking off in America about stuff like that as the animal welfare not the same as her (letting horses run on lasix and jockeys whipping horses with no rules or consideration for the animal. 

The Melbourne Cup will be 20 horses running just over a mile and a half on some nice green grass without an animal harmed or abused. 

Unless you are slagging of horse racing as a sport which would be a whole bigger argument that I cannot be arsed having on headliner thread but just to say that I do wish people would worry about the much bigger 'shit storm' of animals being mistreated such as domestically , badger cull, fox hunting, and just general way animals treated in certain circumstances when bred to be eat, than a business which in the UK is run by animal lovers. 

4 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Unless you are slagging of horse racing as a sport which would be a whole bigger argument that I cannot be arsed having on headliner thread but just to say that I do wish people would worry about the much bigger 'shit storm' of animals being mistreated such as domestically , badger cull, fox hunting, and just general way animals treated in certain circumstances when bred to be eat, than a business which in the UK is run by animal lovers. 

I, and a lot of other people are worried about those other things as well. Like horse racing, they're cruel and unnecessary,

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I, and a lot of other people are worried about those other things as well. Like horse racing, they're cruel and unnecessary,

I understand where you are coming from and I've been a follower of this industry for 25 years. I also respect other people opinions. Have a nice evening. 

If anyone thinks Fleetwood Mac are not worth watching because they aren't playing Tusk and the solo/ acoustic version of Big Love than I give up. As above, in a live setting Stevie and Christine's songs steal the show anyway. 

Anyway I can't see FM happening in 2020. They simply aren't touring and they are not the sort of band to get together for 1/2 gigs. Stevie takes turns with FM and her solo career and it's her solo turn now. Also Neil is busy in the new year in the studio which I can assume is Crowded House due to their forthcoming dates. He's not going to release a big comeback album and not tour. I know he's not the focus of FM but I still can't see it happening.  

"a decent chunk of time overseas in the studio with Mr Finn. Next year doesn’t look like slowing down!"

https://happymag.tv/guitar-tech-marcus-catanzaro-chats-working-with-neil-finn-on-the-fleetwood-mac-tour/

Edited by danbailey80

41 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

If anyone thinks Fleetwood Mac are not worth watching because they aren't playing Tusk and the solo/ acoustic version of Big Love than I give up. As above, in a live setting Stevie and Christine's songs steal the show anyway. 

Anyway I can't see FM happening in 2020. They simply aren't touring and they are not the sort of band to get together for 1/2 gigs. Stevie takes turns with FM and her solo career and it's her solo turn now. Also Neil is busy in the new year in the studio which I can assume is Crowded House due to their forthcoming dates. He's not going to release a big comeback album and not tour. I know he's not the focus of FM but I still can't see it happening.  

"a decent chunk of time overseas in the studio with Mr Finn. Next year doesn’t look like slowing down!"

https://happymag.tv/guitar-tech-marcus-catanzaro-chats-working-with-neil-finn-on-the-fleetwood-mac-tour/

This is all turning very Prince.....they'll be saying their name is being used to sell tickets next. I actually don't think Mick gives a shit about Glastonbury, I think it's more they are aware it'll be seen as a missed opportunity by others....don't feel they believe that though.

6 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Why did you copy the vague quote about studio time and not the bit about 'finishing up the 'almost 15 month cycle' with Fleetwood Mac? :P

I don't think the Crowded House stuff looks like it's going to take over Finn's schedule, to be honest. For a band much bigger locally, doing a comeback that features just the one Australian show in 2020 (as it is listed) and then hitting the road pretty heavily for the rest of the world doesn't sit right. If Fleetwood Mac were to do a handful of shows in summer then I can't see it cutting into a busy Crowded House schedule.

10 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Saw them play twice first in Amsterdam without Christine McVie in 2013 and then later in Manchester (after having cancelled the first date), a couple of years later. The set list in Amsterdam was phenomenal, they played Sara & Sisters of the Moon. The second time though Christine McVie was back and she was amazing. Loved seeing Lindsey Buckingham absolutely nail Big Love and his solo during I’m So Afraid actually nearly melted my face off. 

FF0F9886-0273-4D7B-8AD9-FD9531018E58.jpeg

22 minutes ago, tullux said:

Oh well, Black Magic Women etc. Perhaps Hyptnotized in the Setlist. Most People forgot how good the Band was even before Buckingham.

Two completely different bands though isn’t it, and it wasn’t only Buckingham it was Nicks & McVie who were new additions as well. I don’t actually think you can compare the two and I also there would have been a chance they wouldn’t have been anywhere near as successful.