Jump to content

2020 headliners


jj200

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, AlParkin03 said:

They seem to be splashing in new material already by the looks of it 

not listened to ball and chain yet, any good?

 

Don't listen to him, it's about Guantanamo. Much better than anything off the last album, which isn't saying much I know 

Edited by henry bear
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, AlParkin03 said:

They seem to be splashing in new material already by the looks of it 

not listened to ball and chain yet, any good?

 

It's all right. Very The Who trying to be modern. Listened to a live version on Youtube and Rogers voice seemed to have improved too. It's good. Although given their claiming their new album is there best since Quadrophenia, they're going to have to do better than that I'm afraid. 

 

32 minutes ago, AlParkin03 said:

Feel like the 50th needs a full on singalong set from The Who if they turn up rather than new material and album tracks

 

You could get a sing-along with a couple of new album tracks thrown in for good measure. And don't forget a good 20 minutes of Pete Townshend having a go at the audience...

Edited by madmaninabox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

It's all right. Very The Who trying to be modern. Listened to a live version on Youtube and Rogers voice seemed to have improved too. It's good. Although given their claiming their new album is there best since Quadrophenia, they're going to have to do better than that I'm afraid. 

 

You could get a sing-along with a couple of new album tracks thrown in for good measure. And don't forget a good 20 minutes of Pete Townshend having a go at the audience...

It’s traditional ?

Best since Quadrophenia is quite a sweeping statement so I’ll have to give it a listen. As long as it’s better than Endless Wire...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AlParkin03 said:

It’s traditional ?

Best since Quadrophenia is quite a sweeping statement so I’ll have to give it a listen. As long as it’s better than Endless Wire...

He was even doing it at the live debut of Ball & Chain (then called Big Cigar)....

Got a round of flippin applause. Although it's people sitting he's having a go at so might not be a massive issue at Glasto.

 

 

Edited by madmaninabox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the more obvious signs of how I've aged over my years of following these E-Fests forums, while the gap between my age and that of the average poster on here has gotten bigger, is how incredulous I was to the negative reaction given to The Who headlining on here just 4 years ago ... 

or..as my sister texted me on my way to a Who gig earlier this month at Madison Square Garden "Watch out for the 'walkers' in the moshpit!!!" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

He was even doing it at the live debut of Ball & Chain (then called Big Cigar)....

Got a round of flippin applause. Although it's people sitting he's having a go at so might not be a massive issue at Glasto.

 

 

it was an old old crowd, depressing really, everyone sitting...

anyone at Wembley Stadium this summer? what was that like? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

One of the more obvious signs of how I've aged over my years of following these E-Fests forums, while the gap between my age and that of the average poster on here has gotten bigger, is how incredulous I was to the negative reaction given to The Who headlining on here just 4 years ago ... 

or..as my sister texted me on my way to a Who gig earlier this month at Madison Square Garden "Watch out for the 'walkers' in the moshpit!!!" 

Nah E Fest posters hate everybody. Near enough every band made it into the who was crap at Glastonbury 2019 thread. 

People here often like to be hipsteresque. You actuallybget to the festival and people havent got the same opinion than here by far. 

Most forums are like that tbf. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They do all-seated gigs. How is it depressing that people sit down? Are cinemas depressing?

 

You never been to a bloody stadium for a football match?

You stand the fuck up if you're allowed to in that section. Non-standing restriction's don't apply to music concerts as far as I'm aware, so I'd assume you can stand.

Edited by madmaninabox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...