2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Whether it is good

Gotcha.

Arctics and Swift not for me. I missed Neil Young in '09 so I'd be there. So personally it'd be OK I guess.

Good for the fest?  Huge pop star, heritage legend, arguably one of the biggest British bands of the last 15 years.   You might make the case that AM and NY are repeat bookings, but they've had a 7 and 11 year gap respectively. I reckon it'd be OK, but not 50th-level amazing.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

yay or nay?

Arctic Monkeys, Neil Young, Taylor Swift

?

I would be quite happy with that (especially Neil) and Taylor Swift seems more and more likely. Didn't she mention something about a festival in Somerset on Radio 2 the other day? I'd personally prefer AM to the 1975 or Foals so i'd deffo be up for it ?

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Gotcha.

Arctics and Swift not for me. I missed Neil Young in '09 so I'd be there. So personally it'd be OK I guess.

Good for the fest?  Huge pop star, heritage legend, arguably one of the biggest British bands of the last 15 years.   You might make the case that AM and NY are repeat bookings, but they've had a 7 and 11 year gap respectively. I reckon it'd be OK, but not 50th-level amazing.

Yup. I think it’s a trio that’s not too out there though. A band with a close history with the festival, one of Michael’s favourites and a major pop star.

Its bigger than 2019 i’d say. It would also touch a lot of bases.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

yay or nay?

Arctic Monkeys, Neil Young, Taylor Swift

?

If we ended up with that, when there’s a possibility it could be 3 of....

Taylor, Reg, FM and Kendrick

Yeah would be disappointing.

Edited by nikkic
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yup. I think it’s a trio that’s not too out there though. A band with a close history with the festival, one of Michael’s favourites and a major pop star.

Its bigger than 2019 i’d say. It would also touch a lot of bases.

I wouldn’t say the Arctics have a close history with the festival. They’ve played a couple of times but they’ve never really given the impression that it means much more than any other festival to them.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I wouldn’t say the Arctics have a close history with the festival. They’ve played a couple of times but they’ve never really given the impression that it means much more than any other festival to them.

Yeah AM have only played twice but the rest of the band have been there an awful lot. Last Shadow Puppets have a good history with the festival etc.