jj200

2020 headliners

Baffled at how Foals have generated so much discussion. They aren't headlining next year. They aren't going from headlining Y Not festival to Glastonbury's 50th anniversary in the space of 11 months, no matter how many people were at their secret set. 

They are a perfectly seriviceable live act but they're still doing the same shtick they did the last few times they played. Can we not have something different at Glastonbury next year?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I thought you were a fan of people?

Its very much a youth vs old debate about the 1975. I say stop fucking with the kids and let the band of their generation headline.

It isn’t youth v age, it’s just that the 1975 are shite.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

Is anyone else hoping neither band headlines? 

Personally I'm coming down hard on the side of massive indifference.

Based on @Matt42's comments though it's probably about time I handed in my main stage passes and headed over to the Acoustic to wait for a cup of Horlicks and the sweet release of death ;)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Baffled at how Foals have generated so much discussion. They aren't headlining next year. They aren't going from headlining Y Not festival to Glastonbury's 50th anniversary in the space of 11 months, no matter how many people were at their secret set. 

It's because people say the things you go on to say in the rest of the paragraph and then people debate about it. Watch...

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

See like me and Dental are old headz, remember when it were all fields round ere. Idgaf if Foals or 1975 or Fleetwood Mac headline, wouldn't watch any of them, but Foals are a pity headliner and the other two are legit.

Foals have headlined everywhere that The 1975 have though - except Leeds, but erm instead they've done Bestival - so they're an arena headliner and an established festival headliner. Why are they being 'pitied' if they get the role? 

It's only on troll farm here where they're painted up as some small, hard-luck outfit; they're pretty popular out there in the world. Anecdotal but @TheGlastoThingy was always being pestered by peeps who were slobbering over a potential Foals headline set in the run up to '019.

It's some dumb shit that the narrative in this headline discussion is it's one against the other but Foals are rumoured and The 1975 don't actually seem like they've been booked - even if they're a bigger band more relevant with the youth - so why don't peeps just give up on that one?

I know we all live in our own separate worlds, and to make it clear, it's never perfectly aligned with talent, etc, but in my mind The 1975 are in a different stratosphere size-wise compared to Foals. 

6 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I know we all live in our own separate worlds, and to make it clear, it's never perfectly aligned with talent, etc, but in my mind The 1975 are in a different stratosphere size-wise compared to Foals. 

Different stratospheres may be a stretch but they are bigger with the general population, yes. Definitely not arguing against that.

Foals popularity peaked 6 years ago with Holy Fire, 1975's popularity is still on an upwards trajectory (and currently bigger than Foals ever were)

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

why you always laughing like Count Von Count?

Coz I love My Number.

• Upvote 1

The 1975 are announcing 2020 dates on Friday. So we will have a clearer idea if they are in or out.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The 1975 are announcing 2020 dates on Friday. So we will have a clearer idea if they are in or out.

That's a big tour.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Think it’d really pay off for them to book Foals. Best live act on the planet, anyone watching their set, even retrospectively, would see they’re worthy 50th anniversary headliners.

In discussion of that rant (which, despite being a Foals fan, I did find funny), I do genuinely see the 1975/1D comparison.

Edited by wro_lap

I think you could say that the Foals are the greatest band that are, that ever were and ever will be, in the known universe and also any possible other universes.  

Apart from that song about bulls which is a bit noisy.

Just now, uscore said:

I think you could say that the Foals are the greatest band that are, that ever were and ever will be, in the known universe and also any possible other universes.  

You forgot about Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, apart from that Stagger Lee one which is a bit sweary.

1 minute ago, uscore said:

You forgot about Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, apart from that Stagger Lee one which is a bit sweary.

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It isn’t youth v age, it’s just that the 1975 are shite.

Correcto mundo...... A band that creates music for teenage girls

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Think it’d really pay off for them to book Foals. Best live act on the planet, anyone watching their set, even retrospectively, would see they’re worthy 50th anniversary headliners.

In discussion of that rant (which, despite being a Foals fan, I did find funny), I do genuinely see the 1975/1D comparison.

YESSSSSSS! Another person in the fight for Foals, thank you very much!!

33 minutes ago, Drfoxxx said:

Correcto mundo...... A band that creates music for teenage girls

Teenage girls are often better judges of what's popping than middle aged men.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, ThomJG said:

I feel like I’m one man fighting an army here, need some more Foals fans for sure

Aye, TBH I thought that other numpty threw you a life line when he waded in with his fanny packs but he got off lightly.

5 hours ago, priest17 said:

How old is the youth? Are there any in this thread? Am I the youth?

At 20 I guess i’m the youth, 1975 are easily bigger with people my age (even though I much prefer foals) but there are still lots of people who dislike them, and i’m certain acts like Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys and Muse are still more popular and would go down better