2020 headliners

jj200

35 minutes ago, gorfield said:

Not really a line up for me... I didn't get a ticket and wont try in the resale. Its a lot of money - probably about a grand altogether including everything for us to go as a family.

I know there's a lot of variety etc etc but I used to love festivals for the loud rock music - I think Download is probably the only one left for me now really. It used to be Leeds but that's not for me anymore either.

Glastonbury has never been about loud rock music. The opposite, even.

55 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Is anyone else really disappointed with Fatboy headlining Other?  I get he wants to play every stage but headlining seems such a lazy booking and waste of a slot to me when he's there every single year.  

Defo.  Lazy booking.  He's fine live but the last time I saw him it did seem the epitome of pressing 'play' on his big singles and wandering around a bit.  Maybe his headline slot would be decent, but I can't imagine it'd be as good as any of the other artists that could've taken the slot instead.  

1 minute ago, WStoner said:

Defo.  Lazy booking.  He's fine live but the last time I saw him it did seem the epitome of pressing 'play' on his big singles and wandering around a bit.  Maybe his headline slot would be decent, but I can't imagine it'd be as good as any of the other artists that could've taken the slot instead.  

I maintain that the Fatboy thing is a bit of a red herring. There will be a band on before such as Biffy or Foals who will be the “headliner” and Fatboy will play after for the party vibe.

IOW do it regularly.

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I maintain that the Fatboy thing is a bit of a red herring. There will be a band on before such as Biffy or Foals who will be the “headliner” and Fatboy will play after for the party vibe.

IOW do it regularly.

don't really see why they wouldn't have announced them on the poster if that was the case?

we already knew Foals were doubtful with 2 gigs over Glastonbury weekend anyway I think? Hazy memory that they're only free Sunday?

18 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

don't really see why they wouldn't have announced them on the poster if that was the case?

we already knew Foals were doubtful with 2 gigs over Glastonbury weekend anyway I think? Hazy memory that they're only free Sunday?

My theory is that they’ve deliberately left a few bigger names off the poster.

I had forgotten that Foals could only do Sunday.

16 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

According to my work colleage, who has never been to Glastonbury, "for the 50th year it should be mega bands like Kings of Leon not stuff like Paul McCartney"

My barber’s full of helpful Glastonbury lineup ideas - “as it’s the 50th they should get Pink Floyd or Zeppelin to reform” etc. Never been, natch

19 minutes ago, henry bear said:

My barber’s full of helpful Glastonbury lineup ideas - “as it’s the 50th they should get Pink Floyd or Zeppelin to reform” etc. Never been, natch

It’s a known fact that messers Page, Plant, Walters and Gilmore are all sat by their phones waiting for Eavis to call...

1 hour ago, gorfield said:

Not really a line up for me... I didn't get a ticket and wont try in the resale. Its a lot of money - probably about a grand altogether including everything for us to go as a family.

I know there's a lot of variety etc etc but I used to love festivals for the loud rock music - I think Download is probably the only one left for me now really. It used to be Leeds but that's not for me anymore either.

Still yet to announce the scum stage (aerosmith for the classic rock) will be a few more rock acts.

I think it maybe was important to them to get out a 50/50 lineup so stuff to come.

Very disappointed with the otherstage headliners, and the pyramid as well. Not one modern day rock band performing. Festivals were built on blues/ rock music. I was hoping for Foals to headline the other stage since they played a secret set last year!

I understand they want to expand with different genres and focus on a 50/50 gender split but this is a very weak first announcement. Hoping the May announcement has some big rock names as this first poster is very pop orientated.  

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There are plenty of rock bands booked - JAMC, MSP, Fontaines DC, Big Moon, Cage the Elephant, Primal Scream, Skunk Anansie.

If someone's personal hopes were pinned entirely on the likes of Biffy Clyro or Foals then that's on them.

I was referring to the headline slots not the festival as a whole. Petshop boys & Fatboy slim if these turn out to be true are very poor choices. Dua imo is a good booking for other stage headline. 

Not specifically asking for biffy or foals but a modern day rock band with good energy about them would be good for an other stage headliner. I was just going off what rumours have been saying and a lot of them were for royal blood, biffy & foals. We may still get them.  

Still got john peel etc to be announced and other big names as well but im basing this off the first poster  

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There are plenty of rock bands booked - JAMC, MSP, Fontaines DC, Big Moon, Cage the Elephant, Primal Scream, Skunk Anansie.

If someone's personal hopes were pinned entirely on the likes of Biffy Clyro or Foals then that's on them.

this guy is obviously gonna get rinsed because he's complaining about not enough rock music in 2020 - but given it's glastonbury those names you've listed as the rock bands of note is a bit weak. 

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

According to my work colleage, who has never been to Glastonbury, "for the 50th year it should be mega bands like Kings of Leon not stuff like Paul McCartney"

out of interest whats his name?! got a friend saying the same thing, i laughed.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

To be fair @JJrock69 did say "Not one modern day rock band performing"

Most of those you mentioned can hardly be called modern - they are mostly from about 3 decades ago

I also wouldn't describe The Big Moon as rock by any stretch.

But you do raise a valid point - rock music has indeed probably died on its arse so we can hardly blame Glasto.  Still think they could have done better though