2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Any nuggets of info on the other stage headliners?

In particular who will be opposite Kendrick as that's not my cuppa tea!

Absolutely none, I'll ask again towards the end of the month don't wanna bombard atm

1 hour ago, jparx said:

What's the latest? Still just twiddling our thumbs waiting for a random release?

Yeah pretty much. It's going to a "rock-influenced album" but that's about as much as we know. Given the EU tour starts in July, I think we can expect something relatively soon - there will likely be a hint or something a week or two before the drop.

The only thing that worries me about it is that the US DAMN tour was within a few months of release of the DAMN, and right now there's no noise at all that I've heard about a US tour.

It would be somewhat weird for Kendrick to release an album, and the first tour of it be a European festival tour.

But I'm hoping I'm just overthinking it and the long and short is he has a new, experimental album that's almost ready so logically it will come out in the next 6 months.

Edit: To provide a bit more context, in his fan forums/twitter most were expecting an album late last year. There were then some rumours of a delay for personal reasons to Q1. The general consensus seems to be we're expecting something this month - However I have Kanye West - Yhandi PTSD, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Edited by MaxPower

5 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Yeah pretty much. It's going to a "rock-influenced album" but that's about as much as we know. Given the EU tour starts in July, I think we can expect something relatively soon - there will likely be a hint or something a week or two before the drop.

The only thing that worries me about it is that the US DAMN tour was within a few months of release of the DAMN, and right now there's no noise at all that I've heard about a US tour.

It would be somewhat weird for Kendrick to release an album, and the first tour of it be a European festival tour.

But I'm hoping I'm just overthinking it and the long and short is he has a new, experimental album that's almost ready so logically it will come out in the next 6 months.

Edit: To provide a bit more context, in his fan forums/twitter most were expecting an album late last year. There were then some rumours of a delay for personal reasons to Q1. The general consensus seems to be we're expecting something this month - However I have Kanye West - Yhandi PTSD, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

To add to this, DAMN released on the 14th of April, the first day of Coachella, and Kenneth headlined on the 16th. First ever show with DAMN, first time showcasing the DAMN tour visuals. It was pretty exciting how soon after he released it that he showed it on stage with a show. 

I'd be pretty excited if the same was happening here, releasing the album the week of Glasto. I'd be absolutely buzzin.

mc2dVvr.gif

Fig 1 - The Boys and I vibin at the Kendrick headline slot.

Edited by GrooveCity

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Blimey that journo was really crowbaring for answers.

Poster sounds like it's coming soon then. This time next month we could have it.

Who was the female act she was talking about? Robyn perhaps?

I’d have thought FKA Twigs was more likely as she was up for a few awards