2020 headliners

jj200

23 hours ago, eastynh said:

Is he a rapper? That one I hear on the radio sounds like a straight up pop song. Is it called Circles?

I maybe miles out here but from the little I have heard of Post Malone, I would not categorise him along side Kendrick. Kendrick was more inline with your Tupac's and NWA.

He is a rapper at his core but since he can sing and autotune is his main instrument, then pop songs are part of his arsenal. Plenty of white rappers from the u.s. that you would put in the same boat as PM.  And Kendrick actually grew up where NWA did, so that pretty much explains itself. 

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

He is a rapper at his core but since he can sing and autotune is his main instrument, then pop songs are part of his arsenal. Plenty of white rappers from the u.s. that you would put in the same boat as PM.  And Kendrick actually grew up where NWA did, so that pretty much explains itself. 

Does he play a guliter

• Upvote 1

I think it's certainly Kendrick and my bet is we will have it confirmed in the coming days, but my number 1 backup prediction has become GNR. Can't think of many others that match the clues but they do, and they're active next year. They could easily do Glastonbury on the Friday and their Dublin show the next day.

Thinking we'll get Kenny confirmed in the next week though.

53 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think it's certainly Kendrick and my bet is we will have it confirmed in the coming days, but my number 1 backup prediction has become GNR. Can't think of many others that match the clues but they do, and they're active next year. They could easily do Glastonbury on the Friday and their Dublin show the next day.

Thinking we'll get Kenny confirmed in the next week though.

Why the next week?

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Nope hasn't sold out any type of ticket - even launch general admission 

I think a big factor effecting this is the lack of new music.

The GA DAMN Tour tickets sold out across the country somewhat instantly, but he was touring an album that was a critical and commercial success that was released in the 6 months prior to tickets going on sale.

We've not had a new record from him (excluding Black Panther soundtrack) since April 2017 - nearly 3 years.

Assuming this new album drops soon, I'd assume BST GA will sell out very soon after that.

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Anything said on if he's subbing McCartney or not?

I asked about which format for Noel, and also r.e. Aerosmith but said they didn't know either. Sounds sketchy but believe me, it is as good as hearing it from Micky E himself , and proud to say I have a good track record of info on here 🙂

Just now, CJTM said:

I asked about which format for Noel, and also r.e. Aerosmith but said they didn't know either. Sounds sketchy but believe me, it is as good as hearing it from Micky E himself , and proud to say I have a good track record of info on here 🙂

Any nuggets of info on the other stage headliners?

In particular who will be opposite Kendrick as that's not my cuppa tea!

1 minute ago, CJTM said:

Yeah I believe you, just keen to know cause Noel before McCartney is absolutely perfect for me 😁

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

are you suggesting there's a pattern...? :P 

Oh shit, the Thingy police are coming for me!

49 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

I think a big factor effecting this is the lack of new music.

The GA DAMN Tour tickets sold out across the country somewhat instantly, but he was touring an album that was a critical and commercial success that was released in the 6 months prior to tickets going on sale.

We've not had a new record from him (excluding Black Panther soundtrack) since April 2017 - nearly 3 years.

Assuming this new album drops soon, I'd assume BST GA will sell out very soon after that.

What's the latest? Still just twiddling our thumbs waiting for a random release?