2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, Matt42 said:

Interesting that. How awful is it that it was Janet that got the worst of it. They say it pretty much killed her career for a few years while Justin’s soared.

Yes. I think the fact she had to issue an apology to the world was the worst part.

I'm not sure how badly it hit her career, but there was certainly some result, as the superbowl is the biggest gig of the year and a major boost to any artist that plays it, and as you say JT certainly benefited from it.

21 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I must be missing something about Physical.

Previously the only Dua song I really loved was Be The One, but I've been listening to Don't Start Now non stop. Physical just hasn't grabbed me yet.

I totally agree. Now I am a fan of Dua and have taken a keen interest since Be The One won me over. Yet Physical is imo a pretty average tune. There is nothinv at all that makes it stand out. It is just pop by numbers and will have been totally forgot about within 2 months.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

I totally agree. Now I am a fan of Dua and have taken a keen interest since Be The One won me over. Yet Physical is imo a pretty average tune. There is nothinv at all that makes it stand out. It is just pop by numbers and will have been totally forgot about within 2 months.

I do like it, but I think it stands out at the moment because everything's a bit dull and dreary and January outside, and this slice of 80s callback pop lands and cheers everyone up a bit.  Just seems to stand out a bit at the moment to my mind. 

23 hours ago, kalifire said:

You're not the only one. Sounds like a poor man's Halsey to me.

Not sure you've really heard much Halsey if that's so? ... it's definitely a nod to many things wouldn't say her. Taylor will be doing a great Halsey impression Sunday night with Miss Americana. Ladyhawke is a great shout for inspo for Physical though. 

46 minutes ago, Homer said:

Appreciate this may have already been discussed - I've not been on here so much recently due to lack of ticket - but Kendall Calling really does look like decent value at £139 (I've never been before - I'm of the south).

Its a great festival, decent size and a really good vibe, the weather is always abysmal though.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I do like it, but I think it stands out at the moment because everything's a bit dull and dreary and January outside, and this slice of 80s callback pop lands and cheers everyone up a bit.  Just seems to stand out a bit at the moment to my mind. 

80's pop is my meat and veg.

Much prefer the new La Roux tune to the new Dua one. Shura is constantly banging them out and then there is Satin Jackets who is a master of the genre.

If the bew Dua one has put a smile on your face then who am I to argue against that? 😄

14 minutes ago, eastynh said:

80's pop is my meat and veg.

Much prefer the new La Roux tune to the new Dua one. Shura is constantly banging them out and then there is Satin Jackets who is a master of the genre.

If the bew Dua one has put a smile on your face then who am I to argue against that? 😄

+1 for Shura. Not enough love for her stuff IMO.

2 very different albums, although I think Nothing's Real is my preference

7 hours ago, Homer said:

Appreciate this may have already been discussed - I've not been on here so much recently due to lack of ticket - but Kendall Calling really does look like decent value at £139 (I've never been before - I'm of the south).

Untitled-1-1.png

You also need to add a Thursday ticket on. Rains most years but Views are cracking and the silent disco in the woods is amazing (they have the cocktail bar from the t&c field in the wood as well)

7 hours ago, Homer said:

Untitled-1-1.png

It's mental how much the UK gets ripped off 
139 is decent value but when I paid 157 for Mad Cool this year. You do wonder how the Europeans do it so cheap.  

2 hours ago, The life of Pablo said:

It's mental how much the UK gets ripped off 
139 is decent value but when I paid 157 for Mad Cool this year. You do wonder how the Europeans do it so cheap.  

Yeah I've wondered that also. I paid about the same for Primavera Sound too. But maybe it's because there's no camping at PS and MC?

Edited by Gilgamesh69