2020 headliners

jj200

18 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

dua lipa performing physical as her last song leading into a taylor swift headline set...

yes please.

Would make a favor for the ones not interested in that profile of music and the ones that are. Dua into Taylor for you, Tyler into Kendrick for me. Deal? 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Does anyone else reckon it could be Foals?

A few people have suggested them before Taylor or headlining Other on Sunday. 

Not a HUGE fan of Dua Lipa but Don't Start Now got me to start keeping an eye. Physical is a really good song. It being towards the end of her set just as its getting dark with a live band, lights and dancers would be a great way to go into Taylor, I still think she'll be on Friday though. 

3 hours ago, TiZuff said:

dua lipa performing physical as her last song leading into a taylor swift headline set...

yes please.

Na I don't think I could stand still for an hour plus waiting for Taylor setting up. Though it would give me energy for a toilet break... 

Physical to open the set and wake everyone the fuck up. She can close on Be the One or (actually likely) New Rules. 

25 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but have we considered Kendrick might not wanna perform in the dark or is too nervous, so will play the sunset slot underneath Radiohead? 

Man that was a wild time. Great callback. 

16 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

Na I don't think I could stand still for an hour plus waiting for Taylor setting up. Though it would give me energy for a toilet break... 

Physical to open the set and wake everyone the fuck up. She can close on Be the One or (actually likely) New Rules. 

Not a huge fan of New Rules so if you see someone following you to the toilet its probably me. 

42 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I must be missing something about Physical.

Previously the only Dua song I really loved was Be The One, but I've been listening to Don't Start Now non stop. Physical just hasn't grabbed me yet.

You're not the only one. Sounds like a poor man's Halsey to me.

19 minutes ago, kalifire said:

You're not the only one. Sounds like a poor man's Halsey to me.

Halsey is an odd comparison considering she has never done synthwave before, the closest she has gotten to this is probably 3am off her last album (and Halsey is a poor mans Lorde anyway at best).

You could argue that maybe it sounds too similar to Blinding Lights by The Weeknd...

Either way I dont see how people dobt love the song, its full of hooks (Dont You Agree????...) and the production is great. It might not be immediately as catchy as the bassline in Dont Stop Now, and it might not be the most impressive lyrically, but neither was DSN so I dont see that as being a huge issue.

6 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but have we considered Kendrick might not wanna perform in the dark or is too nervous, so will play the sunset slot underneath Radiohead? 

I know this is in jest, so please take the following in the same spirit.

/rant

They headlined the festival before last, they're not touring this summer - they're not playing. But, honestly, radiohead fans on the internet... Whatever question you ask, the answer is always Radiohead. You ask, which is the best intro of all time, some radiohead fan will say a radiohead song! You ask, which is the best vocal performance of all time, some radiohead fan will say a radiohead song!

I was perusing another board recently and the question was, which acts have had lengthy careers without releasing a greatest hits - so people are answering AC/DC, Nine Inch Nails, even Coldplay and Muse now have surprisingly big back catalogues to have never released a best of... And then here comes the Radiohead fan! "Radiohead" even though they very much have released a 'best of', but his argument was, well the band didn't approve it, so it doesn't count! Radiohead fans! I ask you...

//rant

35 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I know this is in jest, so please take the following in the same spirit.

/rant

They headlined the festival before last, they're not touring this summer - they're not playing. But, honestly, radiohead fans on the internet... Whatever question you ask, the answer is always Radiohead. You ask, which is the best intro of all time, some radiohead fan will say a radiohead song! You ask, which is the best vocal performance of all time, some radiohead fan will say a radiohead song!

I was perusing another board recently and the question was, which acts have had lengthy careers without releasing a greatest hits - so people are answering AC/DC, Nine Inch Nails, even Coldplay and Muse now have surprisingly big back catalogues to have never released a best of... And then here comes the Radiohead fan! "Radiohead" even though they very much have released a 'best of', but his argument was, well the band didn't approve it, so it doesn't count! Radiohead fans! I ask you...

//rant

Things that Grind My Gears,

Fans of something enjoy that thing.