2020 headliners

jj200

11 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

So at the moment it’s Noel subbing Macca and who are the potential others?

My thought is

Dua subbing Kendrick

Noel subbing Paul 

National subbing Taylor

Or... if the National is seen as a no no. Nick Cave? I am surprised he’s dropped off so many predictions.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Or... if the National is seen as a no no. Nick Cave? I am surprised he’s dropped off so many predictions.

Not announced any festival dates for this year so looks like he, understandably so considering the tone of his new album, might just be sticking to his own shows.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

My thought is

Dua subbing Kendrick

Noel subbing Paul 

National subbing Taylor

I still have Nick Cave in mind for a sub slot. Perhaps not the top contender, but one of them. He has history of smashing that slot. I thought he was ruled out because people stopped mentioning him, but he seems to still be in play.

13 minutes ago, Superscally said:

A lot of people thought that set was great. Certainly everyone around us seemed to enjoy it.

so did most people on here, including several now saying that the National blew it/sucked/whatever.

like lot of efests things though, just repeat it enough times and it becomes fact.

(pg.119 if this doesn't load)

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

so did most people on here, including several now saying that the National blew it/sucked/whatever.

like lot of efests things though, just repeat it enough times and it becomes fact.

I liked it personally *and* thought they blew it, FWIW

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Got a lot of history with the festival and is a homegrown act who gets it. To The National I’m sure it’s just another festival, and to Glastonbury I’m sure The National are just another band they’ve booked a couple of times. Likewise why I could see Foals getting the gig again, but not The National.

I think we tend to overthink things if grumpyface from The National said they wanted to do it before anyone else was lined up they'd get booked. Friends of the festival get rebooked because it's easy but it's perfectly possible for a non-friend to make things just as easy by giving Emily a buzz last summer when they were sorting out The National's 2020 plans.

Image of their planning document:

Screenshot_20200128-134131.png

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

I enjoyed it, but their setlist decisions (namely the four song run of new material) was a mistake for the position they were in. And I know a lot of people have said that the crowd around them enjoyed it, but my experience was that it all kind of died on its arse, although to be fair considering they don’t have anything close to a ‘hit’ anyway, that probably would’ve happened regardless of setlist for a crowd waiting for Foo Fighters.

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not announced any festival dates for this year so looks like he, understandably so considering the tone of his new album, might just be sticking to his own shows.

I mean yeah but he does have a bit of a special thing for Glastonbury. He did turn up with Kylie last year.

Their last show is only a few days before Glastonbury. I wouldn’t be surprised if glasto is their last date of their tour. I’d be shocked if Nick didn’t make an appearance at Glastonbury at all. Especially for it’s 50th!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’ll be elsewhere for the subs except maybe Noel. I for one think Noel into Macca will amazing. Everyone together having a good sing along which for my crew hasn’t ever happened.

Noel finishing with All You Need Is Love and Macca coming out to Hard Day's Night or Eight Days a Week would be unbelievable.