2020 headliners

jj200

On 10/24/2019 at 9:53 PM, Isaac LK said:

Coldplay are definitely definitely definitely playing! :) 50th Anniversary. 5th year for coldplay headlining. Let's be honest nobody NOBODY could celebrate that feat as much as them

Ah. got that a bit wrong didnt i? lol

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

On the note of the Big Weekend performers. How likely is it that 2 of the 3  Other headliners could be Dua Lipa, Calvin Harris and Biffy Clyro? 

A few people have been saying they're hearing that Dua is not on the Other stage. I can see Calvin being one though, maybe Biffy across from Taylor but I still see that one as Foals. 

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

If Biffy headline the Other instead of The National I will not be impressed.

Biffy seem far more likely than The National. IMO The National aren’t even in contention - despite the general opinion of this forum it would be a far less popular booking than Biffy, who would be a great counter to Swift for most. 

12 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Ha! I'd not hate you for it, really hope they play, but I'd seriously recommend seeing BC live if you haven't before. They're really good. Huge sound for a three piece.

Agreed.  Was very pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it when I saw them

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Biffy seem far more likely than The National. IMO The National aren’t even in contention - despite the general opinion of this forum it would be a far less popular booking than Biffy, who would be a great counter to Swift for most. 

I wasn’t that impressed by the National in 2017. Was one of the bands I was looking forward to but he sounded like he had done Glasto too hard and was suffering the effects of it all. 

I’d probably give them a miss this year. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I wasn’t that impressed by the National in 2017. Was one of the bands I was looking forward to but he sounded like he had done Glasto too hard and was suffering the effects of it all. 

I’d probably give them a miss this year. 

Was able to stroll right down the front for the National. I personally enjoyed it (was my first time seeing them) but they didn't really connect with the field at all. I'd be surprised if they got another high spot on the Pyramid following that showing. Biffy on the other hand just have a habit of smashing these things out of the park with ease

The National are far too unknown with the general public to be subbing the Pyramid really (although you could probably say the same for Beck, Vampire Weekend and a few others too).

even headlining the Other, I wouldn't expect much of a crowd, especially considering the size of crowds for New Order, Alt-J, LCD in recent years, and this year's Pyramid headliners being of similar strength.

Edited by ghostdancer1

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The National are far too unknown with the general public to be subbing the Pyramid really. even headlining the Other, I wouldn't expect much of a crowd, especially considering the size of crowds for New Order, Alt-J, LCD in recent years.

If they're big enough to headline APE without resorting to giving tickets away then they're big enough for the Other.