2020 headliners

jj200

6 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Are we taking it as red that Pet Shop Boys are headlining Other one night?..

We're taking it as near enough definite that they're playing, and Other headliner would be the best guess at the slot. They viably could play 2nd or 3rd from top on the Pyramid, but have previously said that their show needs to be in the dark. Given that last time they had one of the larger Other Stage headline crowds of the past 10 years, the suggestion that they could be moved to West Holts seems exceptionally unlikely.

10 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Are we taking it as red that Pet Shop Boys are headlining Other one night?..

Not certain on other but I think it’s a safe bet. I think the suggestions other Friday against Kendrick are well founded.

It will split my group in half though. We are going as a four and two of them are strong PSB fans. Me and the other are strong Kendrick fans so...

5 minutes ago, incident said:

We're taking it as near enough definite that they're playing, and Other headliner would be the best guess at the slot. They viably could play 2nd or 3rd from top on the Pyramid, but have previously said that their show needs to be in the dark. Given that last time they had one of the larger Other Stage headline crowds of the past 10 years, the suggestion that they could be moved to West Holts seems exceptionally unlikely.

They could play WH with someone like Taylor or Macca on the Pyramid and a decent sized act on the Other. Not likely but not impossible.

15 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Whilst I've convinced myself The Strokes isn't happening because I just don't see it happening personally, they'd be perfect to go up against Swift on Other I guess.. assuming Noel subs McCartney 

The strokes would be a great booking tho wunnit

20 hours ago, kingbadger said:

I do love how The Strokes headlining the Other or even subbing the Pyramid is a ludicrous suggestion yet somehow the festival have not only convinced bloody Aerosmith to play a non-headline slot but also play 3rd/4th down it seems. If they can do that then nobody really can be definitively ruled out. 

Also how many acts have been asked about Glastonbury or other festivals and gone 'yup, I admit it, we're playing' rather than give a brush off answer or otherwise. Pretty sure the quote didn't explicitly rule out playing a festival but instead alluded to doing their own thing. Which is just par for the course really.

I do find it mad aerosmith are playing such a slot.

There newer albums however don't seem to sell so well so maybe a well covered slot will give records sales a needed spike

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Mate I am quite fond of New Order, but PSB are bigger than New Order by every metric you wish to consider apart from biggest 12 inch single and number of nightclubs owned.

I said touché what more do you people want from me 

• Upvote 2