2020 headliners

jj200

40 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

This, this and this.

I'd be amazed if they headlined Other. Imagine if they did? What a coup that'd be from the Eavii.

Hearing the solo for Trying Your Luck blasted out onto Glastonbury turf would bring me to my knees. ( not cos of the tune I just get a little blowy for solos)

Shame thats like the only song from Is This It they never play :( would love to see strokes though - getting them to headline would be a coup honestly they REALLY like their paydays, I can't see them ever taking a non-headline slot but it would be incredible if they get them!

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

Shame thats like the only song from Is This It they never play :( would love to see strokes though - getting them to headline would be a coup honestly they REALLY like their paydays, I can't see them ever taking a non-headline slot but it would be incredible if they get them!

They do pal! I always keep an eye out. At least I'm pretty certain it gets a good airing? Fingers crossed we get to see. I'd fear for my life listening to Take It Or Leave It.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I’l say it again for those who are confused.

Yes the Strokes stock has dropped.

Yes they aren’t really a UK festival headliner.

But they don’t accept anything below headline slot and they only accept their full fee.

Yes they are too small to headline Glastonbury.

But they won’t accept anything lower than headline. Which is why most of their festival dates are now mid-sized / larger festivals with four or five dates.

So yes they are touring around Glastonbury but I highly doubt they are going to be there. Especially playing below headline. It’s a catch 22 that Glasto unfortunately falls a bit foul of.

Don't see why this has been downvoted. Weird. It's all true.

Strokes show announced in France at Garorock for the Saturday of Glastonbury. I feel like that makes either a Finsbury Park show or Glastonbury incredibly likely now. Do they do back to back show though or not?

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Strokes show announced in France at Garorock for the Saturday of Glastonbury. I feel like that makes either a Finsbury Park show or Glastonbury incredibly likely now. Do they do back to back show though or not?

I like how the S in Strokes links to the Arctic Monkeys discography.  An ITK clue if ever there was one.

• Upvote 1

IMO the only smidgen of hope connecting The Strokes to Glastonbury is Grimey saying he’d heard they were headlining last year, which may well have just been crossed wires and he heard the wrong year/assumed headlining the whole thing. This is probably the first year it’s in any way seemed likely due to Emily’s comment, the occasion and now the convenient tour dates (well... if they play two nights on the run). Not expecting it myself, but reluctant to rule it out like I usually would as well.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

IMO the only smidgen of hope connecting The Strokes to Glastonbury is Grimey saying he’d heard they were headlining last year, which may well have just been crossed wires and he heard the wrong year/assumed headlining the whole thing. This is probably the first year it’s in any way seemed likely due to Emily’s comment, the occasion and now the convenient tour dates (well... if they play two nights on the run). Not expecting it myself, but reluctant to rule it out like I usually would as well.

I forget, did he say headlining or just playing? 

3 minutes ago, CJTM said:

can someone suggest a good starter album to listen for The Strokes? cheers.

1. Is This It - The best place to start is at the beginning, it's a classic and went on to influence so many.

2. Room On Fire - The follow up, full of floor fillers and a set list main-stayers.

3. Angles - A personal favorite, the vocals sound brilliant and there's a clear contribution / blend from all band members with a move to new direction from the band. 

Enjoy!

1 minute ago, Billy Shears said:

1. Is This It - The best place to start is at the beginning, it's a classic and went on to influence so many.

2. Room On Fire - The follow up, full of floor fillers and a set list main-stayers.

3. Angles - A personal favorite, the vocals sound brilliant and there's a clear contribution / blend from all band members with a move to new direction from the band. 

Enjoy!

ah cheers, I was only bolloxin about, First Impressions and then CDM for me!

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think even die hard fans will fight you on that one.

Personal favourite for me is Comedown Machine, mostly because it sounded a lot less like The Strokes, but I think that’s a fairly unpopular opinion. 

5th on my list, always think album opinions are great debate... especially when you're right 😋

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

Don't you even dare suggest they play and go up against McCartney, ya fu..

If my casio's on the ball they're in France on the Saturday no?

I just meant I feel if there's going to be the Pyramid Size headliners on the other that Emily as alluded to it'll be Saturday and Sunday.

So it would be either Friday or Sunday, Friday would be an horrendous clash for me. Sunday would be a better fit all round and equal a better crowd split.