2020 headliners

jj200

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Those “confused” are those who don’t understand why a band arguably other stage headliner sized in the UK probably won’t accept an other stage headline slot in the UK.

They'd been away for a couple of years up until last summer.    There is literally no evidence that confirms that they wouldn't take Other headliner this year to raise their UK stock again.

Are you ever wrong?

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Pretty sure Dental's post was a one-liner that didn't kick off with the condescending tone.

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Remember when the drummer said they weren't doing any UK festivals 

If you’re gonna have a go at me with a condescending or patronising tone have a go at others too.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Your taking The Strokes saying they're not doing a UK festival as a sign that they are?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

And I bet you T paid them their full fee.

Dental plan said the exact same thing the other day. I can find the post. Didn’t receive backlash like this.

Its not speculation it’s a widely reported fact that they are an expensive booking. Of course whenever I say something assertive I have to provide more evidence than other users.

@dentalplan feel free to join the conversation 

There's no need to say something assertive, which is my point. You don't know the script with The Strokes, no one on these boards does unless they've got something to add. I pointed out that much like the people you're talking to, you're making a hypothetical point based on what's been historically talked about publicly

The only fact any of us can be sure of, is that we don't know what The Strokes demands are nowadays. Until they're ruled out, it isn't a ridiculous idea given what's been discussed for the other stage and the fact no one has a clue who is lined up for it 

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

@dentalplanThere's no need to say something assertive, which is my point. You don't know the script with The Strokes, no one on these boards does unless they've got something to add. 

Then make that a rule for all and not just a rule for me. 

I can always count on either you, martini police, or Hugh jass to jump in and filter any post I make and tell me how I’m violating some rule book.

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Apologies that genuinely wasn't aimed at you, it was at the whole conversation 

I’m afraid I was quoting recent posts that could be interpreted as condescending. But apparently I’m the only one that isn’t allowed to be.

25 minutes ago, stuie said:

Comeback tour, new album, Glasto 50th with massive UK TV and media coverage.   People aren't confused for discussing it as a possibility.

Feels like at that point theyd rather be booked for Pyramid Sub for maximum exposure (and them before Kendrick would be pretty great tbh)

41 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I’ll say it again for those who are confused.

Yes Elbow’s stock has dropped.

Yes they aren’t really a Pyramid sub.

But they have such a well established history with the festival and have played that slot on more than one occasion.

Yes they have played other slots at Glastonbury.

But they seem a good bet to sub the Pyramid this year.

So yes they are touring around Glastonbury but I highly doubt they will play any slot other than Pyramid sub. Especially playing mid Other. It’s a catch 22 that Glastonbury unfortunately falls a bit foul of.

I love Elbow , but I love them more on a Saturday afternoon Pyramid slot 

People getting quite snippy on here, lots of opinion written like it's a fact.

Let's not forget this is just a thread about bands playing a wonderful and friendly festival.

I saw the stokes at Bilbao BBK last year and I thought they were technically good but wasn't that engaging, I left before the end.

Other people seemed to be having a really good time and wouldn't say they were bad just personally wouldn't rush to watch live again, prefer the album's.

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

I can't even begin to process the thought of seeing The Strokes as well as McCartney, I may actually explode.

I just don't buy them headlining Other Stage 

This, this and this.

I'd be amazed if they headlined Other. Imagine if they did? What a coup that'd be from the Eavii.

Hearing the solo for Trying Your Luck blasted out onto Glastonbury turf would bring me to my knees. ( not cos of the tune I just get a little blowy for solos)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I can always count on either you, martini police, or Hugh jass to jump in and filter any post I make and tell me how I’m violating some rule book.

Stop banging on about gammons and trying to show how woke you are and I’ll give it a rest.

As has been mentioned there's no real evidence to suggest The Strokes are still chasing a big pay day, there's probably a little more evidence to suggest their demands have come down a little since their return. 

They have and are playing smaller festivals now, APE, that one in Barcelona that got cancelled plus more mid range Euro festivals but also the bigger ones it seems. If they have a new album to promote then they are going to need to put the hard yards back in and get about a bit, which it looks like they are doing

I dont for one second think they will headline the other stage, but there's going to need to be two huge bands on that stage on Saturday and Sunday night to try and split the crowd. Emily's comment about 'Pyramid sized headliner's' could relate to them having booked to acts who could step up to headliner the Pyramid if either Macca or Twizz were to pull out. 

Reading and Leeds have 2 headliner slots to fill and it looks like most of their budget has gone on them and Liam is the cheaper option. So they could turn up there as a UK exclusive. 

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Surely an easier solution here would be for you not to come away with such statements of supposed certainty, when they're just guesses like the majority of other people make 

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Stop banging on about gammons and trying to show how woke you are and I’ll give it a rest.

And ideally also the patronising, pretending your opinions are facts, and pushing the narrative that you're being singled out by everyone. It's no coincidence that many people (far more than 3 of us - look at this morning) are calling you out. Others simply aren't doing these things (there's no hypocrisy from us) and unfortunately, these kind of comments make the forum an unpleasant place at times. So please, re-evaluate a little, be a bit more aware of how these things come across. 

Edited by The Martini Police

17 minutes ago, Divein said:

As has been mentioned there's no real evidence to suggest The Strokes are still chasing a big pay day, there's probably a little more evidence to suggest their demands have come down a little since their return. 

They have and are playing smaller festivals now, APE, that one in Barcelona that got cancelled plus more mid range Euro festivals but also the bigger ones it seems. If they have a new album to promote then they are going to need to put the hard yards back in and get about a bit, which it looks like they are doing

I dont for one second think they will headline the other stage, but there's going to need to be two huge bands on that stage on Saturday and Sunday night to try and split the crowd. Emily's comment about 'Pyramid sized headliner's' could relate to them having booked to acts who could step up to headliner the Pyramid if either Macca or Twizz were to pull out. 

Reading and Leeds have 2 headliner slots to fill and it looks like most of their budget has gone on them and Liam is the cheaper option. So they could turn up there as a UK exclusive. 

Don't you even dare suggest they play and go up against McCartney, ya fu..