2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, Nick Aldous said:

The Strokes have just been announced for a few European festivals all around Glasto time. Other stage headliner surely?

Sounds like they're doing their own show in the UK next summer according to the drummer. Unless he was BSing they won't be at Glastonbury.

8 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

Can’t believe this passed me by!

It was a very brief Music News segment. Tbh no one else seems to have heard it so I'm starting to think I made it up 😂 but yeah he was definitely on and asked one of those coy questions like "will we see you in a muddy field next summer", which is obviously referencing Glastonbury, and he waffled something about wanting to do something for their own fans instead of a big festival.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

"will we see you in a muddy field next summer", which is obviously referencing Glastonbury

Only to people obsessed with Glastonbury. To just about everyone else and especially non-UK people it's more likely to be taken as a generic reference to festivals in general.

It's like when half the forum convinced themselves that Fleetwood Mac were confirmed because Mick used the expression "muddy field" on stage a few times, as if he could only be thinking about Glastonbury when he was stood in front of 20,000 people at Madison Square Garden.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

There's a music event taking place on that day Haringey Council revealed, but they are playing NOS on that date so I guess if they are playing a UK date glastonbury is the most likely at the moment? 

The drummer apparently said something about their own UK show/s on 6 music, maybe their own gig another date? Who knows

1 hour ago, incident said:

Only to people obsessed with Glastonbury. To just about everyone else and especially non-UK people it's more likely to be taken as a generic reference to festivals in general.

It's like when half the forum convinced themselves that Fleetwood Mac were confirmed because Mick used the expression "muddy field" on stage a few times, as if he could only be thinking about Glastonbury when he was stood in front of 20,000 people at Madison Square Garden.

If he didn’t mean Glastonbury, where did he mean?

26 minutes ago, Jack The Stripper said:

If he didn’t mean Glastonbury, where did he mean?

Most likely, Festivals generally. And even if the person answering the question was trying to infer Glastonbury specifically, why would a member of The Strokes think of it that way? It's not a festival they've played before, or shown any interest in. To them, a muddy English field is more likely to invoke memories of Leeds or Reading.

8 hours ago, jparx said:

It was a very brief Music News segment. Tbh no one else seems to have heard it so I'm starting to think I made it up 😂 but yeah he was definitely on and asked one of those coy questions like "will we see you in a muddy field next summer", which is obviously referencing Glastonbury, and he waffled something about wanting to do something for their own fans instead of a big festival.

I heard it too. Don't worry, you weren't imagining it!

9 hours ago, incident said:

Eh, I'd usually agree but this was Matt Everitt and 6. They talk about Glastonbury a LOT and Matt seems to ask everyone about Glastonbury. If you've ever listened to 6 and Matt before, it was incredibly clear that he was referencing Glastonbury. No reaching required at all and definitely not a Fleetwood Mac moment.

Doesn't really matter because either way he said they weren't doing it.