2020 headliners

jj200

6 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

why the definite?

Not sure where the info came from but it seems to be a known thing that they’re only playing the US this year to go along with the election. Whether they’ll continue beyond that, who knows, but they’re definitely not gonna be playing a non-headliner slot at Glastonbury.

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Given he was happy to pop up at Paak's free gig in Brixton the other year, I'd say it's possible. Extremely unlikely still but possible, he does as he pleases, so if he thought it'd be fun he'd do it. Chances are he won't bother.

This was my thought too. Someone mentioned something about Snoop showing up at the farm again this year on here recently, I'm sure the good doctor would be down for a guest slot with Kendrick and teeing it up with another guest slot doing the Next Episode. 

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It's been known for a while, but Kendrick / McCartney/ Swift is a very solid set of headliners. Something for most people.

You’ve got the hottest rapper out there right now in terms of acclaim and prestige. One of, if not the, biggest pop stars on the planet and a motherfucking Beatle!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Not sure where the info came from but it seems to be a known thing that they’re only playing the US this year to go along with the election. Whether they’ll continue beyond that, who knows, but they’re definitely not gonna be playing a non-headliner slot at Glastonbury.

Yeah I heard that as well, my only thoughts being they could headline Other as Emily mentioned pyramid sized headliners for it - and I have one industry mate who said that they were told they're booked, which I questioned him on again yesterday and he's pretty convinced its true as its from a good source

plus they're literally my favourite band so im holding out hope :) 

Here's a question for those of you like me who want to see all three headliners but who don't necessarily wanna spend three nights at the Pyramid

Who would you drop on to the subs bench? It's impossible!

Kendrick: The pinnacle of hip hop

Macca: Does it get bigger than Macca?

Taylor: Banger after banger after banger

I'm a late convert to Taylor, but my feeling is she'll be the set of the weekend

Edited by Zacko
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Here's a question for those of you like me who want to see all three headliners but who don't necessarily wanna spend three nights at the Pyramid

I'm a late convert to Taylor, but my feeling is she'll be the set of the weekend

I'd ask why you need to choose tbh.  If there's 3 acts that you want to see, what's to stop you seeing them?  if there's a clash with another stage then fair enough, but if it's just a case of principle that you don't want to be at the Pyramid 3 nights then you'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face, no?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

You’ve got the hottest rapper out there right now in terms of acclaim and prestige. One of, if not the, biggest pop stars on the planet and a motherfucking Beatle!

I just thought they’d do something special for the 50th anniversary you know?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Seeing out the night at the Pyramid is the tops. Much better than fucking off down to a deserted SE corner just to avoid a queue.

I always like to see a headliner at West Holts / Park / John Peel as the stages have really different atmospheres.

I wouldn't want to spend all three nights at the Pyramid regardless of who was playing.

9 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Swifty doesn't float my boat, but if nothing else appeals on Sunday night I'll probably wander down for a look.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I always like to see a headliner at West Holts / Park / John Peel as the stages have really different atmospheres.

I wouldn't want to spend all three nights at the Pyramid regardless of who was playing.

I don't think there is a better place on the planet to watch a headline act than the Pyramid.

When there's nothing on I fancy it's where I tend to gravitate to.

45 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Yep, Sophie's choice right there.

We're in strictly hypothetical territory and I'll definitely be at all three, but with a gun to my head I'd drop Kendrick. I'm certain he'll smash it, but of the three he has the biggest chance of putting on a "meh" performance.

Can't possibly see how Taylor and Macca don't completely smash it. Even if Macca's voice completely packs in by the festival, the crowd will carry it.