2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's no exclusive and I'm certain he'll be at Glasto - but without info specifically saying it I'm not changing him from a TBC.

entirely fair, i was aware i jumped the gun a bit after the excitement of not seeing the dreaded 'exclusive' had subsided 

25 minutes ago, jparx said:

IMO this is the best trio of headliners the festival has ever booked. 

Bruce, Neil & Blur

U2, Coldplay & Beyonce

Muse, Coldplay & Adele

All those rank pretty high with me. This year's trio does win in term of variety in terms of genre / diversity though, which I'm pleased about, although I expect I'll only be there for Macca.

4 minutes ago, tomfestival_11 said:

Has this happened before, two headliners at Glastonbury headlining another UK festival? i do prefer exclusives, i dont know why.

Well, BST is a festival in name only. No camping on site, no multiple day tickets, no artists on other stages while the headliners are on. They're just big outdoor gigs.

But in '09 they had Neil Young and Bruce as well as Glastonbury.

Love seeing the positivity on here, tired of the "It use to be all about guitars, how this festival has changed" Comments when announcements drops on facebook.

Amazing 3 headliners and would probably end up at all if I had a ticket this year, but will be enjoying from the comfort of my sofa for another year I guess :) 

2 minutes ago, Peter North said:

There's nothing unique or special about having Kendrick and TS playing though, is there? They're playing everywhere. Festivals everywhere.

Dont get me wrong, they're huge artists and I adore Kendrick, but it's nothing hugely special?

I disagree but hey ho. I don’t think they are playing “everywhere”. This is one of two UK dates this summer.  

the average glasto goer probably doesn’t even realise they are playing shows in Europe during June. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

I disagree but hey ho. I don’t think they are playing “everywhere”. This is one of two UK dates this summer.  

the average glasto goer probably doesn’t even realise they are playing shows in Europe during June. 

when was the last time a Glastonbury headliner played three or more dates in a UK summer? BST makes TS & KL very accessible 

2 minutes ago, tomfestival_11 said:

Has this happened before, two headliners at Glastonbury headlining another UK festival? i do prefer exclusives, i dont know why.

Kenny and Taylor aren't exclusives, but tbf they are two bookings that we thought would be very unlikely to happen until this year. 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Kenny and Taylor aren't exclusives, but tbf they are two bookings that we thought would be very unlikely to happen until this year. 

Exactly this!

4 minutes ago, CJTM said:

when was the last time a Glastonbury headliner played three or more dates in a UK summer? BST makes TS & KL very accessible 

I think you’re looking at this the wrong way.

Kendrick and Taylor are two acts that could easily decline a Glastonbury offer because it doesn’t pay enough. if a relationship exists between Glasto and BST to make Glastonbury more economically feasible for major international artists I’m entirely for it.

• Upvote 3