2020 headliners

jj200

Frank Ocean is a fantastic artist but an incredibly risky booking. The guy really does not have a good track record when it comes to turning up to shows. If the festival could book him in a non headlining capacity it would be great, but as a headliner it would be quite risky. 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Frank Ocean is a fantastic artist but an incredibly risky booking. The guy really does not have a good track record when it comes to turning up to shows. If the festival could book him in a non headlining capacity it would be great, but as a headliner it would be quite risky. 

And then when he does he plays fuck all of his bangers and instead sticks to a new album heavy hour and a half slow jam, and judging by his two more recent tracks the new album isn't exactly heading in to sing along banger territory either. I'm guessing/hoping he plays a bit more from Channel Orange in his Coachella set, but even so, judging by his previous performances it's gonna be a pretty downbeat headline set in comparison to what has come before.

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I really enjoyed Frank Ocean at Parklife 2017, thought he was great.

Unfortunately he bailed on the festival I was supposed to see him at (Primavera) so I'm a little salty in that regard (also bailed on Bestival 2012 where I was also supposed to see him) but seems to be a 50/50 split of people saying they really enjoyed it and others saying it was a big let down.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Unfortunately he bailed on the festival I was supposed to see him at (Primavera) so I'm a little salty in that regard (also bailed on Bestival 2012 where I was also supposed to see him) but seems to be a 50/50 split of people saying they really enjoyed it and others saying it was a big let down.

To be fair we got really lucky where we were stood which made the experience feel really intimate. Heard a lot of complaints from people who were stood further back who thought he was shit. I don’t think his live show is suited to big outdoor spaces.

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

To be fair we got really lucky where we were stood which made the experience feel really intimate. Heard a lot of complaints from people who were stood further back who thought he was shit. I don’t think his live show is suited to big outdoor spaces.

Depends on the space. He did really well at FYF Fest, but thats a hometown show. It felt like you were in his living room watching him do his songs. Its hard to balance that kind of intimacy with a large crowd. He has to have something up his sleeve for Coachella or else theres gonna be 75,000 people  wondering what the hype was about.

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

It felt like you were in his living room watching him do his songs. Its hard to balance that kind of intimacy with a large crowd.

That’s how it felt at Parklife where we were too. Like I said though, it seems like that didn’t translate well to the larger outreaches of the crowd.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

a sign of getting old...

As far as I can recall, in 35 years of unbroken Glastonbury Festivals attendance, this will be the first year where i've never knowingly heard a full track by two of the headliners.

:blink: 

McCartney was in this band called the Beatles. You should check them out.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

a sign of getting old...

As far as I can recall, in 35 years of unbroken Glastonbury Festivals attendance, this will be the first year where i've never knowingly heard a full track by two of the headliners.

:blink: 

Is this a subtle way of confirming Kendrick? TBC job?

7 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Not sure how much (if any) truth there is to this but a couple of people have sent this to me.

If Kendrick or Eminem played surely they would do it themselves. 

Kendrick would deserve it himself. 

Screenshot_20200121-084449_WhatsApp.jpg

This sort of superstar tour gets rumoured every year, never comes into fruition. Here's a random one from 2016 (first one that came up, I'm sure the same line up was rumoured in at least 2018 as well)

https://www.konbini.com/en/entertainment-2/dr-dre-world-tour-snoop/